123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Sells Over One Million iPhone 3GS Models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Apple Sells Over One Million iPhone 3GS Models Reply with quote

Apple Sells Over One Million iPhone 3GS Models
Monday, June 22, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced that it has sold over one million iPhone 3GS models through Sunday, June 21st, the third day after its launch. The press release for this announcement also contains the first statement we've seen from Steve Jobs in a while. According to Steve, "Customers are voting and the iPhone is winning. With over 50,000 applications available from Apple's revolutionary App Store, iPhone momentum is stronger than ever." Apple also announced today that six million customers have downloaded the new iPhone 3.0 software in the first five days since its release.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1241.html
cheef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't really argue with those figures!
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz, 12GB
MacBook Air 11" 1.4GHz, 4GB
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also looks like Steve Jobs and his iLiver are back at the helm. You can't argue with that one either. Very Happy
iLife's a Bitch!
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up talking to a crowd while at FedEx today ...no clue why, guess we were all bored of waiting. This guy got a Palm Pre, and he was doing nothing but complaining about it and how his friends iPhone could do everything and anything. It was just funny to hear, considering Pre owners (and others that own wanna-be iPhones) are always trying to make their phone seem better than the iPhone, and never admit that 40 apps VS thousands is pretty outstanding Very Happy
RickB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I still can't decide between black or white. Rolling Eyes
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this funny.

six million customers have downloaded the new iPhone 3.0 software

I find this funny because it says that i phone users have downloaded the software not how many are legit updates to the 3.0 software.
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
It was just funny to hear, considering Pre owners (and others that own wanna-be iPhones) are always trying to make their phone seem better than the iPhone, and never admit that 40 apps VS thousands is pretty outstanding Very Happy

A friend of mine who is about as anti-Apple as I am pro-Apple pointed out the other day that the Palm Pre app catalog is off to a great start with 700k downloads in 11 days. He said "it really puts the App Store numbers in perspective."

I laughed, and quickly pulled out my iPhone and did the math.

iTunes App Store:
9 months in days = ~274 days
1 billion apps downloaded on the App Store in 274 days = ~3.6 million per day

Palm Pre App Catalog:
700,000 apps downloaded in 11 days = ~63,500 per day

63,500/3.6 million = ~1.75%

On the average of its first 11 days, Palm achieved a whopping 1.75% of the amount of downloads Apple's App Store had in its first 9 months.

"really puts them in perspective" is right.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge wrote:
ESUNintel wrote:
It was just funny to hear, considering Pre owners (and others that own wanna-be iPhones) are always trying to make their phone seem better than the iPhone, and never admit that 40 apps VS thousands is pretty outstanding Very Happy

A friend of mine who is about as anti-Apple as I am pro-Apple pointed out the other day that the Palm Pre app catalog is off to a great start with 700k downloads in 11 days. He said "it really puts the App Store numbers in perspective."

I laughed, and quickly pulled out my iPhone and did the math.

iTunes App Store:
9 months in days = ~274 days
1 billion apps downloaded on the App Store in 274 days = ~3.6 million per day

Palm Pre App Catalog:
700,000 apps downloaded in 11 days = ~63,500 per day

63,500/3.6 million = ~1.75%

On the average of its first 11 days, Palm achieved a whopping 1.75% of the amount of downloads Apple's App Store had in its first 9 months.

"really puts them in perspective" is right.

Sweet victory! Go Wedge Go! Razz Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to cut Palm a break on the amount of applications. Apple wasn't doing those levels when the iPhone first came out. In fact, they didn't support third party applications. I just don't think the Palm Pre is that great of a device. The keyboard is really small and hard to type on. It also has a smaller screen and feels cheap and bulky. There are some things I like about the OS though. Mostly the ability to run applications in the background and how you can switch between them. Oh well, competition is good. A strong Palm will only push Apple to make the iPhone better. It's Blackberry they are really hurting.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: