123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superdrive ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deano12345

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Superdrive ? Reply with quote

Hey guys,hope you can help me out here,I bought a iMac 2 weeks ago and I think it may have a problem.When I am using it normally,the temps are around 35 degrees (just like apples site say it should be) but when I burn a CD (or use the superdrive) the tempreture shoots up to aound 47-48 degrees

Is this normal or do I have a dodgy superdrive ?

I am hoping it sort of is because of the new iMacs being annouced yesterday,I could get a refund and purchase the new model iMac

Thanks in advance,

Dean
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird i have never heard of a superdrive causing this problem.

I have how ever heard of third party ram or bad apple ram causing this issue.
Wedge

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What temp sensor are you reading? With what program? And where on Apple's site does it say what temps things should be at?

Are you seeing any bad burns, or just high temps? Which iMac model do you have?
philiparcario
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Superdrive ? Reply with quote

Deano12345 wrote:
Hey guys,hope you can help me out here,I bought a iMac 2 weeks ago and I think it may have a problem.When I am using it normally,the temps are around 35 degrees (just like apples site say it should be) but when I burn a CD (or use the superdrive) the tempreture shoots up to aound 47-48 degrees

Is this normal or do I have a dodgy superdrive ?

I am hoping it sort of is because of the new iMacs being annouced yesterday,I could get a refund and purchase the new model iMac

Thanks in advance,

Dean
if it is less then 30 days and they came out with a new model bring it in and buy the new model. they were good about bringing mac mini's last march. I had one 6 days before the upgrade and turned it in. got the new one and a small refund!

promise pegasus r6 3x 3tb + 3x 4tb =21tb hdds
lacie little big disk 2x 512gb ssds
synology 2tb disk station
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: