123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Intel TV commercials
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: New Intel TV commercials Reply with quote

Have you guys seen this new Intel commercial on TV? I guess they are starting a new series or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqLPHrCQr2I

I think that's a cool commercial. It's not like they really need help over AMD though.
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw it yesterday...not bad.
Wedge

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, except the people singing the Intel chime. It sounded a little amateur.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet that guy secretly wishes that he invented firewire. Smile
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge wrote:
I liked it, except the people singing the Intel chime. It sounded a little amateur.

I thought that was a great ending. I'm corny that way for jingles though.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys might enjoy this one.

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/intel-rockstar-100909/1165473/
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it sucked overall. What message was it trying to get across? What action does this commercial make me want to take (other than grab the remote to change the channel). I'd be bored to have to watch it twice. The end did sound amateur.

Even if the message was just brand awareness. That still sucked. It wasn't strong. A coffee cup. A dude saying we are Intel, sponsors of tomorrow.
Gimme a break.

The only I liked about the commercial was the USB dude strutting across the office floor with the bad to the bone attitude. At the same time, I also wanted to smack that look off his face.

Those of you that liked the commercial, why did you like it? It certainly doesn't look like a series to me. If so, I'm glad I have a DVR.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
What message was it trying to get across?

I think it just puts the spotlight on some of the great technology the people at Intel have created. That's what I got from the USB spot. I guess it's also cool seeing the guy that actually invented USB. Maybe not as cool as seeing the person that invented FIREWIRE, but you get the point. Smile
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
What message was it trying to get across?

I think it just puts the spotlight on some of the great technology the people at Intel have created. That's what I got from the USB spot. I guess it's also cool seeing the guy that actually invented USB. Maybe not as cool as seeing the person that invented FIREWIRE, but you get the point. Smile

okay. Did you guys happen to notice he is a co-inventor Smile I wonder who else deserves recognition.

USB is the greatest thing ever invented on the PC side of things. IRQ conflicts are now a thing of the past. Before this was a nightmare.

When USB 1 was first introduced it did have a issues. Particularly with power output and speed. USB 2 has resolved this for the most part. USB 3 should be great.

Funny thing is firewire 400 is still better than USB 2.0
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one seems to give credit to the co-inventor. Here's what Wiki says Bandit Bill.

Quote:
USB was created by a core group of companies that consisted of Compaq, Digital, IBM, Intel, Northern Telecom, and Microsoft. Intel produced the UHCI host controller and open software stack; Microsoft produced a USB software stack for Windows and co-authored the OHCI host controller specification with National Semiconductor and Compaq; Philips produced early USB-Audio; and TI produced the most widely used hub chips. One of the co-inventors of USB was Ajay Bhatt, who was later given credit in an Intel television advertisement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus#USB_3.0

Yeah, USB 3.0 sounds like a huge improvement over 2.0 speed wise. I guess it's even faster than firewire 3200. I just don't see it coming to Macs for a while though. And who's really interested in buying a PC when you can run both operating systems on a Mac?
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic - You guys know which computer company has been the only company to fully populate a USB bus to the maximum number of devices? Wink

I'll stick with FW over USB!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Slightly off topic - You guys know which computer company has been the only company to fully populate a USB bus to the maximum number of devices? Wink

Packard Bell? Wink

Wait a second, that wasn't even the real guy in the Intel commercial? Surprised

Thanks for posting the Conan interview Weee. It was pretty funny.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Smithcraft wrote:

Packard Bell? Wink

Packard Bell. I laughed out loud about that one. I haven't heard that name in 10+ years. I remember when HP started producing computers for the home user, a lot of people got HP confused with Packard Bell. I think about the only place carrying Packard Bell around that time was Radio Shack. All I really remember about PB is that they were crap. If you loaded one up with USB devices it would probably catch on fire.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Packard Bell. I laughed out loud about that one. I haven't heard that name in 10+ years. I remember when HP started producing computers for the home user, a lot of people got HP confused with Packard Bell.

Many years ago when my father was alive, he asked my advice about a PC that his friend was trying to sell him. "It's a Hewlett Packard", my father told me. When we got there to take a look, it was a Packard Bell. I told dad not to buy it, but being a stubborn Yorkshireman, he bought it anyway. Rolling Eyes
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
Many years ago when my father was alive, he asked my advice about a PC that his friend was trying to sell him. "It's a Hewlett Packard", my father told me. When we got there to take a look, it was a Packard Bell. I told dad not to buy it, but being a stubborn Yorkshireman, he bought it anyway. Rolling Eyes

I used to live next to the Packard Bell factory. That was when they made TV sets, along with RCA and Magna Vox on Olympic Blvd. This was before the personal computer obviously. I remember how all the American TV set makers slowly went out of business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: