123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elgato Intros Video Capture Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Elgato Intros Video Capture Device Reply with quote

Elgato Intros Video Capture Device
Friday, May 8, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Elgato today announced the release of Video Capture. According to the company, Video Capture is a complete and easy-to-use solution for transferring analog video to a Mac, iPhone or iPod. It allows users to connect VCRs, set top boxes, camcorders, DVD players, and other analog video sources to their Mac via USB 2.0. The software included with the device then records the video in either H.264 or MPEG-4 formats.

Read more...

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1208.html
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really seem like they needed a product like this. The software might be different, but you can basically do the same thing with one of their tuners and the breakout cable. Am I missing something else here? Confused
oldwiz

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Cheaper? Reply with quote

The EyeTV Hybird costs $150 and the video capture is $99 I think it would be a great idea - you don't need a tuner and connect to VCR/DVD player via s-video plus audio. Also you can connect it direct to your cableTV box via s-video/audio. That would be fine for non-HD stuff.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheaper? Reply with quote

oldwiz wrote:
The EyeTV Hybird costs $150 and the video capture is $99 I think it would be a great idea - you don't need a tuner and connect to VCR/DVD player via s-video plus audio. Also you can connect it direct to your cableTV box via s-video/audio. That would be fine for non-HD stuff.

You can actually get the older EyeTV Hybrid for around the same price, but I guess that's a good enough reason. You know, the best time to stuff from Elgato seems to be around Macworld and WWDC. My roommate got a crazy deal on the 250 Plus like two years ago during Macworld. I could be wrong, but I think he paid around $125.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: