123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plasticsmith's New Mac Mini Accessories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Plasticsmith's New Mac Mini Accessories Reply with quote

Plasticsmith's New Mac Mini Accessories
Thursday October 20, 2005

The Plasticsmith has released two new versions of its popular line of Mac mini accessories. The mini Tower and Grandstand are now available with radiant blue-edged acrylic. Both of the new accessories are made from extra-thick flame-polished acrylic and use ambient light to create their own lighting effects. The selling price of the mini Tower: blue is $49.95 and the mini Grandstand: blue is $45. Both are available exclusively through The Plasticsmith's online store.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/379.html
resuna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Plasticsmith's New Mac Mini Accessories Reply with quote

$45.00 for a plastic box?

I'll bet I could find something that looked just as good for $4.50 at the kitchenware section in Bag & Baggage.
ba747heavy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but it wouldn't be designed for the Mac mini Laughing

FC
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupperware! Wink
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As some of you may remember I won a MiniTower from this site (123MacMini) and I have been using it! Although I became tired of seeing my Mini up on it side and having it encased in the thick plastic really hides the true size and simple design of the mini. I then decided that I would use it as a stand to lift the Mini up off of the desk and give it a more prominate look on the desk. Especially with it sitting next to an 18" CRT the Mini by itself was dwarfed and just kind of lost next to its behemouth display! Now with it on top of this designer plastic case it has a much nicer appearance and seems to be easier to insert CDs and DVDs into. Would I pay the $40 that it is selling for? No most likely not but I am glad that I won it!

G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
roadie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should make one either higher or wider for those of us who have an external hard drive (I have the Micronet's minimate).
jase

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that figures. They come out with newer version 3 days after I finally broke down and bought the original MiniTower. Laughing

Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't have paid the extra ten bucks to get the blue edged acrylic anyway. It's the principle of the thing.

It's just my luck. I bought a 60 gig iPod photo 3 weeks before the ipod video came out, too... Rolling Eyes
andp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jase wrote:
Well, that figures. They come out with newer version 3 days after I finally broke down and bought the original MiniTower. Laughing

Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't have paid the extra ten bucks to get the blue edged acrylic anyway. It's the principle of the thing.

It's just my luck. I bought a 60 gig iPod photo 3 weeks before the ipod video came out, too... Rolling Eyes

Every time I buy something it gets updated three days later. It never fails!
Ranter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Plasticsmith's New Mac Mini Accessories Reply with quote

resuna wrote:

$45.00 for a plastic box?

It looks like a cheap enough piece of plastic that you should be able to buy it at Wal-Mart, the retail arm of the Chinese government.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: