123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Updates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Nada, zip, zilch Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
devo wrote:
picaman wrote:
The updated Apple store is up and running with the new iPod. No Mac Mini updates though--still listed at the old configuration with 1.25/1.42GHz.

Mad Mad

Jamie

I don't understand that at all!!!! Confused

Why doesn't Apple announce the new models? It seems really odd. Are they going to kill off the mini or something? I find myself leaning towards getting an iMac now. I'm not too crazy about buying an all in one computer.

Your guess is as good as mine. They just EOL'd the eMac.
rfruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of the loss leader (the mini) na, but the eMac is history and the drummer must be burned out by now - anyway the rumor mill says the next version of OS X is due by mid month (thats Oct 15) could we see the new mini then Question
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun !
2000 Civic hatchback
ozwald

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eMac is still available from the Apple Education Store.
80 GB HDD
Pioneer DVR-K05 Superdrive
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nada, zip, zilch Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
Why doesn't Apple announce the new models? It seems really odd. Are they going to kill off the mini or something? I find myself leaning towards getting an iMac now. I'm not too crazy about buying an all in one computer.

It does seem odd that there's no "official" update, especially since the eMac is apparently now history and the Mini is holding up the lower end all by itself. Yesterday's earnings announcement said 202,000 Mac Minis were sold in the quarter. I'd guess that this is below expectations and that the eMac was taking share away from the Mini.

I'd also guess that there are more hardware update announcements coming shortly--today was clearly all about video and a comparatively minor Mini hardware bump doesn't fit into the grand scheme of today.

But I have to admit, that new iMac is awfully tempting, and I'm not sure I wouldn't be biting the bullet and buying one if this were 4 months ago. Here's hoping for a Mini version of Front Row : )
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Nada, zip, zilch Reply with quote

picaman wrote:

It does seem odd that there's no "official" update, especially since the eMac is apparently now history and the Mini is holding up the lower end all by itself. Yesterday's earnings announcement said 202,000 Mac Minis were sold in the quarter. I'd guess that this is below expectations and that the eMac was taking share away from the Mini.

Do you know how many eMacs and iMacs were sold?
Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Updated mini in Europe? Reply with quote

Does anybody know if updated mini's (if they're there) will be shipped to Europe??
In other words, would I have a chance of receiving an updated mini when I order online now?
....it's just that I can't wait very much longer! Mad
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Updated mini in Europe? Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Does anybody know if updated mini's (if they're there) will be shipped to Europe??
In other words, would I have a chance of receiving an updated mini when I order online now?
....it's just that I can't wait very much longer! Mad

Not in New Zealand. I'm not sure about the rest. I would imagine they will ship worldwide shortly after they are announced.

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2207
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
rfruth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macworld.com says http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/10/14/nypro/index.php "Apple Computer is once again gathering the press together as it rolls out new innovations. The latest invitation-only event will be held in New York City on October 19, 2005 on the eve of PhotoPlus Expo. Apple doesn’t say exactly what the press conference will be about, but the invitation sent to MacCentral asks to join them as “we unveil Apple’s latest pro innovations.”

Yea I said mid month (the 15 th) and its the 19 th so sue me Smile will the updated mini finally see the light of day, hope so !
2000 Civic hatchback
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rfruth wrote:
Macworld.com says http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/10/14/nypro/index.php "Apple Computer is once again gathering the press together as it rolls out new innovations. The latest invitation-only event will be held in New York City on October 19, 2005 on the eve of PhotoPlus Expo. Apple doesn’t say exactly what the press conference will be about, but the invitation sent to MacCentral asks to join them as “we unveil Apple’s latest pro innovations.”

Yea I said mid month (the 15 th) and its the 19 th so sue me Smile will the updated mini finally see the light of day, hope so !

Wednesday is quicky becoming the new Tuesday. Laughing
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

This has gone on too long.

I'm starting to think that they are going to never officially announce the new Mac Mini, but rather that the secret upgrade is their idea of some kind of odd buzz marketing strategy to goose sales of the Mini. It would be interesting to know if sales have gone up since all this started.

Maybe they'll just surreptitiously sell the upgraded computer as is without officially confirming the new specs until they officially announce the next Mac Mini, which will be the Intel Mac Mini Home Theater Edition, coming to a living room near you sooner than you might otherwise think.

It makes a certain sense. If an Intel-based home theater Mac Mini shipped now it wouldn't matter as much if there was no software for it, because it would have a function out of the box. And it could be sold as "and you get a computer as a bonus" much like the way video is being sold on the new iPod.

All idle conjecture, of course.

Shocked

Jamie
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picaman

That's certainly an interesting theory. I don't have a clue on why it's taking them so long.
rfruth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I just noticed a 1 GB stick of BTO memory for the mini is now $ 100.00

Also if anyone buys any Mac from the Apple on line Store there is a $ 100.00 mail in rebate with a new Mac and a qualifying printer so if you use the Apple store keep your eyes pealed.

After tomorrows "pro innovations" announcement (new Power Macs?) we should have *lots* to talk about

Rolling Eyes
2000 Civic hatchback
rfruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay it really burns me up the new mini wasn't announced today but do I see a trend here, I mean new iMac & iPods last week, updated PowerMac / books the release of Aperture & reduced prices on the cinema displays today, *whats next* ? New/updated minis & OS X by Halloween Question
2000 Civic hatchback
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rfruth wrote:
Okay it really burns me up the new mini wasn't announced today but do I see a trend here, I mean new iMac & iPods last week, updated PowerMac / books the release of Aperture & reduced prices on the cinema displays today, *whats next* ? New/updated minis & OS X by Halloween Question

I hope the new mini comes out soon for you guys waiting, but OS X v10.5 Leopard ain't coming anytime soon. 10.4.3 on the other hand could come out in early November.
mark2741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was anxiously awaiting word today on whether the new Mini was announced, since I bought my Mini exactly 10 days ago and today was the final day I could return it to the Apple store (minus $59 open-box fee, which I would have gotten Amex to reimburse me for). Oh well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: