123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Launches 1 Billion App Countdown Promotion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Apple Launches 1 Billion App Countdown Promotion Reply with quote

Apple Launches 1 Billion App Countdown Promotion
Friday, April 10, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has launched the 1 Billion App Countdown Promotion in celebration of the upcoming milestone of one billion applications being downloaded from the App Store. "As of today, nearly one billion apps have been downloaded around the globe. So we just want to say thanks - a billion. Download an app and you'll automatically get the chance to win a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card, an iPod touch, a Time Capsule, and a MacBook Pro. Just go to the iTunes Store, browse the App Store, and download your best app yet," writes the company.

The promotion is open to entrants who are 13 years of age and a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom. Users are also limited to 25 entries per day until the promotion ends.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1186.html

Last edited by admin on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to win all that stuff, but I'm thinking you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning or by a falling Zune. Razz
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I would love to win all that stuff, but I'm thinking you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning or by a falling Zune. Razz

I'll second that, my MacBook could do with upgrading at some point Sad
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
I'll second that, my MacBook could do with upgrading at some point Sad

I'm okay on the MacBook Pro and iPhone/touch front. I would probably list those on eBay tomorrow. I would just like to have that $10,000 iTMS gift card and the dual-band TC. I'm a little tired of my homemade dual-band setup, which consists of an AEBS and Belkin working in tandem. It works well, but it's sort of messy with the extra wires.
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

I'm okay on the MacBook Pro and iPhone/touch front. I would probably list those on eBay tomorrow. I would just like to have that $10,000 iTMS gift card and the dual-band TC. I'm a little tired of my homemade dual-band setup, which consists of an AEBS and Belkin working in tandem. It works well, but it's sort of messy with the extra wires.

My MacBook is around 2 years old now and I bought it just before a refresh so on certain tasks, like playing high res flash video it drops a few frames. I would always be open to getting Time Capsule for free. Sounds like your DIY dual band system could be quite mess!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
Fazzy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Apple would ever admit this, but I'm going to laugh if one billion is a fart app. Laughing
Krametash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAM!!!!
Does anyone know if you can enter if you happen to live in a place not stated in the official rules....? Say.....Hong Kong...?
Laughing
I would hope for the iPod or MBP - We recently got a new wireless router, dunno if a TC would be that useful. My dad would love the MBP Smile
20" Samsung Widescreen display
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It be great to win all that ...but I agree, there's a greater chance of getting hit by lightning or a falling Zune Very Happy

Do free Apps count as well?
I wonder if there are people out there actually downloading 25 Apps a day, that be crazy (specially if they aren't free).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: