123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Bott's stackAmini for Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Dr. Bott's stackAmini for Mac mini Reply with quote

Dr. Bott's stackAmini for Mac mini
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Posted by: Brian

It seems like every once in a while a neat little product slips through the cracks. That's why I decided to bring some attention to the stackAmini from Dr. Bott. The stackAmini is a little plastic gadget that allows you to stack and hold multiple Mac minis in place. I haven't seen one in person, but it also looks to provide a little breathing room between the two units. So this could also come in handy for stacking your Mac mini with a NewerTech miniStack or AirPort Extreme Base Station where the transfer of heat might be a concern. The stackAmini should also keep them neatly aligned, at least in the case of the AirPort Extreme Base Station. As many of you know, the top of the miniStack has a raised lip to help hold the Mac mini in place.

Anyways, I just thought it was worth a mention. The stackAmini from Dr. Bott is available now and priced at $14.99.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1183.html

Last edited by admin on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
tundraSQ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind of looks like the mini has braces... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
troy.w.banther

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: I must be ... Reply with quote

a cheap *** ******* because I got a package of eight round adhesive felt pads for $2.50. Stuck two together to make four legs under the mini. It has been running cool ever since.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tundraSQ wrote:
kind of looks like the mini has braces... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

And it's sticking it's tongue out! Razz

Pretty nice iDea though.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Zalez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
And it's sticking it's tongue out! Razz

I thought the exact same thing. Laughing

It's kind of a neat idea though. It almost reminds me of that Lacie mini drive that held up the Mac mini. It's a shame Lacie doesn't make that model anymore. I almost think they should bring it back for the new Mac minis with Firewire 800. I bet it would sell well.
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the lid from a plastic yogurt container as a riser under my Mini, and it worked great.

Not sure why one would want two Minis, and stacked right on top of each other at that.
troy.w.banther

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: It's not a bad idea Reply with quote

I could see this being used in a data center or similar environment with multiple Minis stacked allowing for more vent to the machines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: