123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech's QuickCam Vision Pro Makes iChat Awesome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Logitech's QuickCam Vision Pro Makes iChat Awesome Reply with quote

Logitech's QuickCam Vision Pro Makes iChat Awesome
Approved by: Charles
Category: Mac Accessories

iLounge - "I am genuinely excited. Very excited. Following Apple's abrupt discontinuation of the iSight web camera—and its lack of a replacement option—I've been struggling to find a good iChat-ready desktop video camera to pair with my Apple Cinema Display. Though I have temporary use of an old iSight, I was planning to just replace the Cinema Display with a newer, bigger one as soon as Apple got around to releasing a model with an integrated camera. That may just have become unnecessary. Logitech’s new Mac-specific QuickCam Vision Pro ($130) web cam just arrived at iLounge, and it so completely puts the iSight to shame that my monitor replacement plans are now on hold. I'll summarize the difference in two photos, then continue with a bunch more (and details) in the full story."

Read more...

* We are in the process of changing the "More News" forum, so this topic might seem out of place.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having seen the image quality from both the iSight and the QuickCam Vision Pro, I think that anyone hoping to make a lot of money by selling an iSight is going to be disappointed if potential buyers get a sniff of how good the Logitech is.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those still images look incredibly sharp! It also sounds to do well in low light. I just might give one a try.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a comparison between this new Logitech camera and (my) Quickcam Fusion!
rizzior

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Logitech Quickcam Vision Pro Reply with quote

I just Bought Mine on "Amazon" Today and cannot wait 4 it to Come.
(Oh Yea) Razz
billb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro Reply with quote

So I read the 18 bad reviews on AMAZON and decided this Web Cam isn't worth the $101.49 its selling for. I ended up buying an iSight from eBay for $99 and it works well for me. I'm very pleased. Please read ALL of the reviews on AMAZON about what your interested in and not just the good one.
Mac mini, Model 1.1, 2.33 GHz C2D Proc
20" iMac G4 PPC
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Pro 9000, and no problems so far.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
billb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: iSight or Logitech??? Reply with quote

Thats good to here. Even though I'm happy with my iSight its no longer made. Newer technology is usually better. The primary reason I bought an iSight was Firewire. I have several (inexpensive) USB Web Cams and I just wasn't happy with them. All of my USB ports are full and I didn't want to add a second USB Hub. So daisy chaining Firewire was my primary reason for getting an iSight. Believe me I looked for a good/cheap FW Webcam and the pickins are preaty slim.
Mac mini, Model 1.1, 2.33 GHz C2D Proc
20" iMac G4 PPC
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: iSight or Logitech??? Reply with quote

billb wrote:
Thats good to here. Even though I'm happy with my iSight its no longer made. Newer technology is usually better. The primary reason I bought an iSight was Firewire. I have several (inexpensive) USB Web Cams and I just wasn't happy with them. All of my USB ports are full and I didn't want to add a second USB Hub. So daisy chaining Firewire was my primary reason for getting an iSight. Believe me I looked for a good/cheap FW Webcam and the pickins are preaty slim.

The Quickcam Fusion is way cheaper than the Pro or the specially made for Mac version, but still exceptionally good! I use it together with iGlasses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: