123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightstriker424 wrote:
2hours of video playback. that makes me feel better about getting the nano

That's for the 30GB. Does anyone know what the estimate for the 60GB is? Apple gives longer battery life estimates for music playback on the 60GB model, so I'd assume battery life for video would be longer as well.
nightstriker424

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is longer it probley isnt by much
4gig Nano
aristobrat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLounge says 4 hours for the 60gb:
http://ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/first-look-special-apple-computer-ipod-5g-with-video/
TheBattler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aristobrat wrote:
iLounge says 4 hours for the 60gb:
http://ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/first-look-special-apple-computer-ipod-5g-with-video/

Mine does 3 hours and 20 minutes on a good day, but how I have the videos encoded is pretty demanding.

1.42 ghz mini, Bluetooth/Airport, 1gb Ram, Superdrive, 80gb 7200RPM (internal)

60gb 5th gen iPod
Vic Viper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: iPod Video Reply with quote

Just got a 60 on Thursday, and the thing is a monster. For those of you who are concerned about battery life, I charged this thing for an hour out of the box and couldn't make it die for HOURS. A little over 2 hours of video, more than 3 hours of audio and a half hour slide show, and I ended up just skipping songs for about ten minutes just to drain the last bit of life out of the thing - all while listening near full blast on large headphones, with sound check and EQ on. Fantastic. Where I think most people will get the most benefit out of the video though, is podcasting. Video podcasts were always a little sub-par to me, since, unlike an audio cast, you couldn't take it with you. All of this has changed (Frederator rules!). As a side note, I took my 4gig Nano back for this and I'll never look back. The Nano is sexy and definitely a quality device, but the 5G has better audio, more room, more battery, is convincingly solid (and doesn't seem to scratch QUITE as easily), and of course, that beautiful screen with video playback. I've heard that there's a Linux hack to get the nano to play video, but with space restrictions and no official support, those who really feel that video is worth the upgrade, note that the 30gig video is a mere $90CDN more, after-tax, than the 4gig Nano. iLife couldn't be better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: