123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Previews iPhone OS 3.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Apple Previews iPhone OS 3.0 Reply with quote

Apple Previews iPhone OS 3.0
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today previewed its iPhone OS 3.0 software and announced the immediate availability of a beta software release to registered developers. The iPhone OS 3.0 beta release includes an updated Software Development Kit (SDK) with over 1,000 new Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) including In-App Purchases; Peer-to-Peer connections; an app interface for accessories; access to the iPod music library; a new Maps API and Push Notifications. Apple also announced over 100 new features that will be available to iPhone and iPod touch users this summer including cut, copy and paste; MMS; landscape view for Mail, Text and Notes; stereo Bluetooth; syncing Notes to the Mac and PC; shake to shuffle; parental controls for TV shows, movies and apps from the App Store; and automatic login at Wi-Fi hot spots. The iPhone OS 3.0 beta release will also include a new Voice Memo app and expanded search capability for all key iPhone apps, as well as Spotlight search across the iPhone or iPod touch.

"The new iPhone OS 3.0 is a major software release packed with incredible new features and innovations for iPhone customers and developers alike. It will keep us years ahead of the competition," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing.

The iPhone OS 3.0 beta software and SDK will be available for registered developers to download starting today from developer.apple.com. iPhone customers will be able to download the new iPhone OS 3.0 software for free this summer. iPod touch customers will be able to purchase the software update for $9.95.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1166.html
idave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the addition of shake-to-shuffle. That's cool!
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best iPhone update ever! I just wish that it was available today. Spring is going to seem incredibly long now.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think shake to shuffle and A2DP make the perfect pair. Now you can really shake it up without getting tangled. Smile
hafamaca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More money to spend ($9.95) Sad ...but that could be worth it if I'm able to copy and paste Razz
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hafamaca wrote:
More money to spend ($9.95) Sad ...but that could be worth it if I'm able to copy and paste Razz

I think it's time for Apple to start "accounting" for the iPod touch differently. I mean, give a brother a break. It's starting to come off as being greedy. At least lower the price for someone who's done multiple updates. You're making it all back in app sales anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: