123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got My New MacBook...What a deal!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Got My New MacBook...What a deal! Reply with quote

I just received my new MacBook today. It's the 2GHz unibody aluminum model.

I ordered it refurbished from Apple, and it was marked down to $1099. I added the extra $ for 2-day shipping, as I'm getting ready to go to Colorado for spring break, and I wanted to make sure I had it for the trip.

When they emailed me the invoice, it had an expected delivery date next week, 2 days after I am leaving. I called them up to see what the deal was, and they said that the two day shipping was from the day it was shipped, and that it was going to take 3-5 days for them to ship it out. "Well, I'd like to cancel my order then" I said, "because for $50 more I can get one that's not refurbished from Amazon, and use my Amazon Prime to get fast shipping." "Sorry, that's not an option" he replied, "because it's already entered the shipping process". "OK", I grumbled, and hung up.

I started thinking about this, and was a bit confused. So, its not going to be shipped for 3-5 days, but I can't cancel because its already being shipped?

I called back, and this time got a very friendly young lady on the other end of the line. I explained my dilemma. She said my option was to get it and then send it right back. But, I'm going to be in Colorado, (without my new laptop) so how can I do that?

She said "Here's what I'll do... I'll refund you $100 for your troubles, and upgrade you to next day shipping"

They wound up sending it out the next day anyway, so here it is, and I only paid $999 for it. Looks as good as a brand new one.

Sweet!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're on a Mac and Hack buying spree. Smile

It's cool they worked out another discount for you. The refurbs from Apple are awesome. That said, I ordered my "old" MacBook Pro from Amazon. That seems like another smart strategy for buying a Mac these days. Amazon, ClubMac and MacMall are discounting the old models like crazy after new models are released. Which also tells me that Mac sales are probably slowing down. How else could you explain the backlog of inventory?
frankblourtango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my girl friends white macbook as a hand me down when she got her macbookpro aluminum. I have a macmini but I like this macbook a lot. And I really like how nicely the calendar and email synch between both macs and the ipod touch.
Imac
Ubuntu linux on two boxes
windows junkyard network
XP P4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: