123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Mac Mini Packaging?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gigaguy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has also been a lot more refurb Minis up at a.com lately. Almost everyday the last week or more.
I've gone weeks without seeing any at all.
that's a sign...maybe.
iWill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really hoping for a new Mac Mini in black, but spec wise these things sound awesome. I will definitely be buyer when they are ready to roll. I might even head down to the Apple store if they get them in tomorrow.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
[Update:] OneMoreThing.nl now states that new iMacs and Mac minis will be released tomorrow.

Well, if the web-based Apple Stores start to be taken offline tomorrow, we'll know that something's up....

Any guesses on what the top CPU speed of the Mini will become? 2.2GHz? 2.4GHz?
Texark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:

I'm thinking 2.0GHz and 2.4GHz will be the speeds. I could be wrong, but I don't think Intel does a 2.2GHz in the newer chip. It's a shame about the hard drives though. I think the Mac minis should be coming with 160GB or 250GB drives these days. It will also be a little embarrassing if they put a Combo Drive in the entry-level model. Embarassed
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have mini envy with machines out there like this, especially if it supports two displays. I always wanted two matching Cinemas in the worst way.
usarcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
Brian wrote:
[Update:] OneMoreThing.nl now states that new iMacs and Mac minis will be released tomorrow.

Well, if the web-based Apple Stores start to be taken offline tomorrow, we'll know that something's up....

3.06GHz Shocked Well one can wish Wink
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usarcher wrote:
3.06GHz Shocked Well one can wish Wink

Yeah, Core i7 or bust. Smile
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I may have mini envy with machines out there like this, especially if it supports two displays. I always wanted two matching Cinemas in the worst way.

I haven't tried a dual monitor setup for any length of time. I'm sure I would like it as well but I can live without it.

For now I enjoy the small footprint and lack of fan noise that my current set-up offers. Going to a dual monitor set-up would really seem like a step back in the opposite direction.

When I had 2 minis (sold my G4). I was able to control the 2nd mini on my 46" 1080P tv from my computer via screen sharing. I can see my TV with ease at the same time. That was pretty cool, but the PS3 now fills the void.

My goal is to simplify things in my life. I've done the tinkering etc. for years. Simplicity and elegance is what attracted me to Apple. Not that a dual monitor set-up is all that complicated, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Sorry to get of topic from a packaging thread.

Yup that sure looks like a nice box Smile Wink
why is it that we never see real high res photo of these fake/real photos. You'd think you would take a real good shot if you were trying to prove something to the entire internet world.
Fazzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Yup that sure looks like a nice box Smile Wink
why is it that we never see real high res photo of these fake/real photos. You'd think you would take a real good shot if you were trying to prove something to the entire internet world.

The picture was supposedly taken on an HTC Touch. It only has like a 3-megapixel camera, which isn't much better than the iPhone. I'm sure they were also in a hurry. It's not like you have a lot of time to setup when you're sneaking a picture.
Mrmorrill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If thats apple, they are skimping on boxes looks very cheesy compaired to the one I have.
Lacie 250gb 7200rpm external harddrive
Hauppauge Tv tuner.

New Addition!
Ibook G4 1.42ghz 10.4.11
Fazzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrmorrill wrote:
If thats apple, they are skimping on boxes looks very cheesy compaired to the one I have.

I don't care it comes in Saran Wrap with a bow on top. Ship it! Smile

That being said, I don't know how this box differs from the ones you have. The current boxes have the front of the Mac mini the front and the rear of the Mac mini on the back. I'm not completely sure what's on the sides though.
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If (if...) a Mini upgrade includes support for dual heads, I'll do another plane ride to my reseller and buy it even though I just bought a Mac Mini in November.

If it doesn't, it will be further proof that Apple does not heed the squeaks and sqaulls of its user base and still needs to get some pros working in their marketing department.

Anyway, I'm still not holding my breath.
____

What are MacMini users listening to now?
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
Moblin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a price cut? I would love to see the Mac mini go back down to $499. I think it would also serve Apple well to have an iMac at $999. Don't they know these are hard times? Idea
usarcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moblin wrote:
How about a price cut? I would love to see the Mac mini go back down to $499. I think it would also serve Apple well to have an iMac at $999. Don't they know these are hard times? Idea
Not for them, how many billions do they have in the bank now? That said I am with you on the price drop.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moblin wrote:
Don't they know these are hard times?

I don't think Apple wants to brand themselves as being the company of choice for people having "hard times".

Apple has worked pretty hard at positioning themselves as a company who sells fashionable, quality products. It wasn't long ago that kids were wearing white ear buds with pride because it made them look like they were well off. If anything... owning an Apple product now, says that you truly are doing okay.

Don't forget to look at the big picture. The recession won't last forever. Not all countries are doing poorly. Not all areas of all countries are doing poorly. The province that I live in has NO debt and there are lots of jobs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: