123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple holding special event on March 24th?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fazzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
There was another rumour suggesting release of a netbook. Not that I believe it, but it sure would be a good move on Apple's part.

It would be a smart move at the right price. That being said, I don't think Apple is interested in making a standard run-of-the-mill netbook. I think it will come in the form of an 8" to 10" multi-touch tablet device. This would also be something they could tie into the iPhone App Store.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they release an updated Mac mini soon. We could be in a great depression by the 24th. Don't laugh, the Dow went under 7000 today. Sad
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More "information"...

http://www.appleinsider.com/blogs/mac/09/03/02/six_new_apple_product_placeholders_in_inventory_systems.html

Argh, if Apple release a dual-monitor Mini just after I've bought a USB-to-DVI gizmo, I'm gonna.... ....uhhh..... .....have to go out and buy one.... Wink Very Happy

And one thing's for sure; the day that Apple do release a new Mini, this forum's gonna go nuckin' futs! Mr. Green
Grover Time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a new box shot out there.

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmacmini.jpg
usarcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
And one thing's for sure; the day that Apple do release a new Mini, this forum's gonna go nuckin' futs! Mr. Green
That will be a busy day on this forum. I wonder if we can bring down the server or at least set a record for number of users on at a single time Wink
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usarcher wrote:
That will be a busy day on this forum. I wonder if we can bring down the server or at least set a record for number of users on at a single time Wink

I'll try my best to keep the server up. Smile
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know what to make of this.

We've had so many false alarms, that I've conditioned myself to automatically brush-off any "evidence" of a new Mini. So it's been easy for me to dismiss the photo, the video and the packaging photo of the latest so-called "new Mini".

But! It's all coming at the same time as an electrical retailer has added some new stock numbers for forthcoming Apple products.

And the rumours are rife that something's about to happen tomorrow. Now, tomorrow is Tuesday which is Apple's second favourite day for releasing products (favourite = Thursday).

Dare I let myself get just a little bit excited??? Confused

usarcher wrote:
That will be a busy day on this forum. I wonder if we can bring down the server or at least set a record for number of users on at a single time

Hey, maybe even ClunkClunk will make a return visit for such a historical occasion! Shocked
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more good news in the rumor mill Smile

Update 12:40pm - A few tidbits have surfaced since this went live. CNET TV's Brian Tong was able to confirm that Best Buy has received new part numbers from Apple for new systems that fall in line with the historical way those systems have been entered into Best Buy's database. Still unclear on the timing, though.
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Some more good news in the rumor mill Smile

Update 12:40pm - A few tidbits have surfaced since this went live. CNET TV's Brian Tong was able to confirm that Best Buy has received new part numbers from Apple for new systems that fall in line with the historical way those systems have been entered into Best Buy's database. Still unclear on the timing, though.

Hardmac states the following part numbers:

The new iMac models and their corresponding references:
- MB417: Entry level model
- MB418: "Mass market" model
- MB419: high-end model
- MB420: ultimate model
The entry level model should come with a 20" display, while the three other models will feature a 24" panel.

For the Mac mini, the references are the following:
- MB463: entry-level model
- MB464 high-end model

This is why news of a special event on the 24th threw us off this morning. It was looking more like sooner rather than later. Wink
epic_ed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be ordering one up next as soon as I can sell my iMac. Very Happy
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is tomorrow March fools day? Laughing

I'll probably pick one up next paycheck. I just bought an HP MediaSmart server (which is totally awesome), so I'm a little tapped out at the moment.
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
You can sign me up for another Mac mini if it includes ... support for dual-displays,..

Me too, but I'm not holding my breath.
_____
What are MacMini users listening to now?
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzman wrote:
Texark wrote:
You can sign me up for another Mac mini if it includes ... support for dual-displays,..

Me too, but I'm not holding my breath.
_____
What are MacMini users listening to now?

I have a feeling that it will only support one at a time. I hope that I'm proven wrong though.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I'm not sure about the Mac mini or Mac Pro, but I would bet the iMac gets updated this month. That's sort of been the only desktop they've shown love for over the last two years. Then again, maybe it's time for the others. You can't say they haven't had enough time to update them.

remember last time the iMac was updated thought the Mac mini got a spec boost.
And I too hope for the dual display support.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Underwood's painfully detailed description of the new Mac Mini to be shortly launched, gives no clues to his source - unless he's a genuine Apple insider.

If there were any truth in it all - there is still no mention of support for multiple monitors - which will leave a lot of us sorely disappointed.

As always, until there is any official confirmation from Apple, I treat this, and any other rumours with contempt:
http://www.derekunderwood.com/general-computer/a-peek-inside-the-new-mac-mini/#respond
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: