123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video of the new Mac mini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idave wrote:
That hand sort of looks familiar.

I dunno...

It does look familar...but still, we can't rule out that those 'hands' belong to one of these guys...

(My money is on Stewie...)

Aqua Wink

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
idave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquafire wrote:
I dunno...

It does look familar...but still, we can't rule out that those 'hands' belong to one of these guys...

(My money is on Stewie...)

I think it's more like a Quagmire. That also goes for the war in Iraq. Wink

Honestly, this leak has to be from an Apple employee or someone related to one. I think someone said it before, but how else could somone get their hands on an unreleased or prototype Mac mini? I guess it could also be Walt Mossberg. Doesn't he still work for Apple? Razz
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
KJames

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Apple pulls the 20" Cinema display and now this videos shows up. My gut tells me that a Mac mini and Cinema update are coming really soon. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I plan on buying the pair. Perhaps even two of the displays if the Mac mini can support them.
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remain totally unipressed because I don't deal with conjecture, and this video could be of any of dozens of R&D prototypes.

I will believe it when I see it in the shops.
I'm far more interested in what's inside rather than one extra USB port.
IMHO, it is imperative that any upgrade has on board support for dual heads - and if there is to be an upgrade, I will be bitterly disappointed if it doesn't.

What are MacMini users listening to now?

_______
You can view two sorted lists of what we have been listening to:
MacMini favourites by song and member here
MacMini favourites by member and songs here
Enjoy. Last updated Sun 15 feb 09.[
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idave wrote:

Honestly...... but how else could somone get their hands on an unreleased or prototype Mac mini?

Errmmm...

Do you think Steve & Woz still assemble every Mac ... themselves...?

Or do you think...maybe...just maybe..they can afford to hire a bunch of people to them...?

Hint hint.... Wink

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this video is showing the next-gen Mac mini, but I always though it would remain about the same appearance wise. That seems to be Apple's plan for the white MacBook as well. They can use most of the same parts without spending a bunch of money or retooling. That said, it should also carry through some of the reliability of the older models. The younger crowd probably doesn't like hearing this, but that's what matters most to me.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's believable now (I hope it's true) Smile
Vacca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks real, but I think it might be a prototype unit from Apple. It could also be a knockoff from China or somewhere like that. That being said, I still want one like this from Apple. I bet he could sell it for more than a Mac Pro on eBay. I would put a few bids in.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word: Pixar! Smile

JohnnyBoy wrote:
And yeah, I'm with Texark - dual displays would make my year.

+2. I would consider selling my new iMac for a Mac mini that supported dual displays. It's hard to find a display that matches up well with the iMac. A glass screen next to antiglare screen doesn't work very well. The 24-inch LED Cinema would look nice, but Apple seems reluctant to offer an adapter for older Macs. That being said, I'm not sure I could take the glare from two of them anyways. I would still rather have two standard antiglare displays.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic_ed wrote:
One word: Pixar! Smile

JohnnyBoy wrote:
And yeah, I'm with Texark - dual displays would make my year.

+2. I would consider selling my new iMac for a Mac mini that supported dual displays. It's hard to find a display that matches up well with the iMac. A glass screen next to antiglare screen doesn't work very well. The 24-inch LED Cinema would look nice, but Apple seems reluctant to offer an adapter for older Macs. That being said, I'm not sure I could take the glare from two of them anyways. I would still rather have two standard antiglare displays.

I got a Dell LCD to go with my iMac, I placed it vertically though (Dell LCD's let you rotate them), so I can easily read web pages and documents.

....you are right though, glossy and matte next to each other look different, the colors look different too.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would like to see this baby fired up and Geekbenched. Then have him break out a putty knife and take some video of the innards. I'm not sure that will ever happen though. I still think there is something a little fishy about the person posting this stuff.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I want to see a video of it running, and see what System Profiler reports before giving it more credence.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
troy.w.banther

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Fired up and Geekbenched Reply with quote

"Personally, I would like to see this baby fired up and Geekbenched ...."

Well. There are a few more things I would like to see. First, simply turn the unit over and let me see the model and a serial number. Then open this unit up and let us see the goodies inside. Finally, hook it up and give us the specs. Post the specs so we can see the parts.

Until then, I still have a doubt about it. It could be a Mini case with a plaster or plastic cast with spare parts from other Macs or PCs glued into for effect. I remember in the plastic model days I could make some realistic looking cars and space craft.

I would not mind owning another Mac Mini, I think the world of them. I can only hope the price stays reasonable since I still work in education and new Macs and PCs are still pricey.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Fired up and Geekbenched Reply with quote

Why doesn't he just take better pictures? He should have the time. I mean, unless he's sneaking in somewhere. Confused

troy.w.banther wrote:
Well. There are a few more things I would like to see. First, simply turn the unit over and let me see the model and a serial number. Then open this unit up and let us see the goodies inside. Finally, hook it up and give us the specs. Post the specs so we can see the parts.

I would just like to know if it has the same bottom. That's a view that hasn't been shown yet.

troy.w.banther wrote:
Until then, I still have a doubt about it. It could be a Mini case with a plaster or plastic cast with spare parts from other Macs or PCs glued into for effect. I remember in the plastic model days I could make some realistic looking cars and space craft.

That's possible. He could also be an industrial design student. You should see the things they can create here on campus with clay and plastics.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would go through this much trouble to fake a new Mac mini? I think it just might be the real deal, or at the least, a prototype machine.

Last edited by Weee on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: