123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Updates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:
some buyers, but will not reveal the actual specs, right???

The keyword there is "some". I will gladly give Apple my order when they can guarantee ALL buyers will get the updated systems.
resuna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aristobrat wrote:
What about the VRAM, updated BlueTooth, and faster SuperDrives (or whatever the other non-CPU related changes were)?
that's another reason not to assume that these are just a matter of shortages of lower-specced parts: it's not a matter of some having a CPU boost and some having a faster SuperDrive, it's four separate improvements at once. That's just too unlikely to be the incidental side-effect of a part shortage.
Travis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
ack_mac wrote:
some buyers, but will not reveal the actual specs, right???

The keyword there is "some". I will gladly give Apple my order when they can guarantee ALL buyers will get the updated systems.

Yup, I feel the same way. I know for sure apple has delayed one mac mini purchase by this thing they are doing... me.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple could be waiting for the "One more thing..." event next week. They might want to throw in some computers while they are center stage.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1305
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Apple could be waiting for the "One more thing..." event next week. They might want to throw in some computers while they are center stage.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1305

But, wouldn't that be more than *one* thing? Wink Laughing
aristobrat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resuna wrote:
that's another reason not to assume that these are just a matter of shortages of lower-specced parts: it's not a matter of some having a CPU boost and some having a faster SuperDrive, it's four separate improvements at once. That's just too unlikely to be the incidental side-effect of a part shortage.[/quote]
You're right. I swear I read a news story on one of the Mac sites from a user who had received a 1.5ghz mini but with the slower SuperDrive and 32MB VRAM, but .. I can't find it anywhere, so that effectively sinks my theory. Smile

I guess that leaves what the analysts are saying (from the link a few posts ago). Question
rfruth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: One more thing Reply with quote

I agree with devo, the new mini will be formally introduced at the "one more thing" announcement.
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun !
2000 Civic hatchback
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: One more thing Reply with quote

rfruth wrote:
I agree with devo, the new mini will be formally introduced at the "one more thing" announcement.

All updated computers will be announced on Tuesday coinciding with the earnings announcement. Wednesday is for something else really big involving video. Unless, of course, the Wednesday video announcement involves the new Mac Mini-based home media center.

At least that's my latest uninformed conjecture Wink

Jamie
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: One more thing Reply with quote

picaman wrote:
rfruth wrote:

All updated computers will be announced on Tuesday coinciding with the earnings announcement. Wednesday is for something else really big involving video. Unless, of course, the Wednesday video announcement involves the new Mac Mini-based home media center.

Jamie

I hope you are right. My credit card and me are growing weary. Sad
Shakey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: One more thing Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
picaman wrote:
rfruth wrote:

Jamie

I hope you are right. My credit card and me are growing weary. Sad

LOL, I know exactly what you mean. I've been itching for a mini for two weeks now.
rfruth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Updates Reply with quote

drum roll please
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun !
2000 Civic hatchback
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini Updates Reply with quote

rfruth wrote:
drum roll please

I think the drummer might be getting tired. This update is taking forever! Laughing
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Nada, zip, zilch Reply with quote

The updated Apple store is up and running with the new iPod. No Mac Mini updates though--still listed at the old configuration with 1.25/1.42GHz.

Mad Mad

Jamie
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Nada, zip, zilch Reply with quote

picaman wrote:
The updated Apple store is up and running with the new iPod. No Mac Mini updates though--still listed at the old configuration with 1.25/1.42GHz.

Mad Mad

Jamie

I don't understand that at all!!!! Confused
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Nada, zip, zilch Reply with quote

devo wrote:
picaman wrote:

Mad Mad

Jamie

I don't understand that at all!!!! Confused

Why doesn't Apple announce the new models? It seems really odd. Are they going to kill off the mini or something? I find myself leaning towards getting an iMac now. I'm not too crazy about buying an all in one computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: