123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short cut to Forum Index : Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Short cut to Forum Index : Please Reply with quote

Guys,

Hope you don't mind my asking......but...

Is it possible to add the three functions as listed below, to every page / thread topic area...?

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

Every time I click on a forum area, topic or post a reply: I then have to go back to the main page to see the list of topics again...

For instance, right now, I am looking at this feedback page, and those three link options, are not on the right hand side of page that I am viewing..

I am limited to clicking on "Forums Forum Index > Feedback"

Sorry if I am going to make you guys do extra work, but having those three View functions at these various sub levels, would be great.

Don't know if anyone else thinks this is a good idea, but I reckon it would be a useful set of shortcuts.

Cheers

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Great idea Aqua! C'mon Admin, get on the ball here.... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be. The x704 forum does.

It would be nice if every phpBB forum did that.

sC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
It should be. The x704 forum does.

It would be nice if every phpBB forum did that.

sC

It does Smithy - every standard installation since v 3.0.0 since nearly 2 years ago Very Happy
phpBB released 3.0.3 a couple of months ago.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've migrated to vBulletin, so I haven't kept up with phpBB. However many phpBB forums are still running on 2.x versions of phpBB, like this one here.

SC

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Ok, I've migrated to vBulletin, so I haven't kept up with phpBB. However many phpBB forums are still running on 2.x versions of phpBB, like this one here.

SC

I know - that's why I keep making sly mentions to it Very Happy - and the longer one leaves it, the more of pig it is to update, especially if it's full of mods. But I like it.

vBulletin is good but not free and comes jam packed with so many features that some admins go completely OTT and think it is clever to use them all. The result is such a bazzar of cluttered pages and irrelevant messages to the casual member like 'You haven't logged on for six years two months fours days three hours twenty-two minutes and fifty-four seconds and it's sooo nice to see you again why don't you take a look at this and this and this and XXXX has a special offer for gold members this week and moderator xxx has just had his 7th birthday why don't you send him a card from our wish card feature if you do he will put you on his buddy list and the forum will send you a funny email everytime you log on to our UK soccer predictions poll and if you don't send at least 10 PMs by the end of the month you will not be allowed to use your signature for ten weeks but if you include an image with your next fifty posts you can have a revolving silver clown hat from our all new animated avatar base, and as you have not voted for the best pair of avatar tits of the week you have now lost ten brownie points and all your new posts must be passed by three moderators before it can be queued for review by five moderators before being published and because our super slow server has timed out three times in a row while you were trying to log on you must first take the twelve-question anti-spam test that is now on your profile page before you can access our new IQ 150 captcha to change you password within two hours which must contain 122 characters of which a minimum of 14 must be from the IPA font which you can download from xxx plus 5 characters from the Greek alphabet and remember to set your input for right-to-left script '
This is a classic example: http://www.ajarnforum.net it's got nothing to do with computers; it started life 10 years ago on a very serious academic trip and needless to say it is now just full of crap and populated mainly by losers and boozers from the Kao San Road.
Rant over Confused
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to keep my site clean then. But to each their own.

The 3.x.x versions of phpBB are quite nice, and I was pushing to move the site to it, but the other admin went and bought a license for vB so that was that! Laughing

SC

Make sure it has pins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: