123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Posts Video of Macworld 2009 Keynote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Apple Posts Video of Macworld 2009 Keynote Reply with quote

Apple Posts Video of Macworld 2009 Keynote
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Posted by: Brian

Apple has posted a video of the keynote speech given by Phil Schiller at Macworld 2009. "Watch Philip Schiller, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing, unveil Apple's latest innovations at Macworld 2009. See the video-on-demand event right here, exclusively in QuickTime and MPEG-4," notes the company. The video shows the introduction of iLife '09, iWork '09 and the new 17-inch MacBook Pro. It runs approximately an hour and thirty-five minutes long.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1113.html
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone make it the entire way through this thing? Wink
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

Barely. I have to admit, I threw in the towel about half way through Tony Bennett's performace.... He really should have retired "many moons ago"... I'm not trying to be rude but, he's no spring chicken and he can't carry a note like he used to....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
Barely. I have to admit, I threw in the towel about half way through Tony Bennett's performace.... He really should have retired "many moons ago"... I'm not trying to be rude but, he's no spring chicken and he can't carry a note like he used to....

That's like almost to the end. I threw in the towel after the iLife demo. Then I headed to the Apple store and ordered a copy. Now, I'm calling it a day. Smile
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed seeing the product demos, but it was rather boring and nowhere as exciting as a Stevenote. I really don’t think this one will be remember in the Apple history books for much. I mean, other than being the last at Macworld and the absence of Steve Jobs. Oh well, when’s the WWDC start this year?
Fazzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just woke up and had drool all over the desk. This keynote was like a sedative. Sad
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really boring. I think CES may trump Macworld in more than one way this year. It seems like a lot of exciting products are being shown at CES this year. That was not a good way to start off the year Apple, not good at all. Let's get moving on that Mac mini update and a netbook like yesterday. What are you waiting for?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

I couldn't make it through the entire keynote. Even Steve would have had a difficult time making this one entertaining. I can see why Steve chose to spend the holidays with his family instead of preparing for this keynote. Phil did a pretty good job though. Better than what I was expecting.

I watched up to the end of the iPhoto content then I jumped up to the 17" MBP intro.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Phil did a pretty good job though. Better than what I was expecting.

I don't mind Phil Schiller at all. I've seen far worse public speakers. He comes off as being relaxed with a decent sense of humor. It's just the product announcement weren't all that exciting. I'm not saying the products are bad, just not exciting.
Zalez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the iLife '09 and iWork '09 demos and then bailed. I always seem to learn new stuff from watching these videos. Like maybe some features (old or new) that I didn't know about. I thought the iMovie '09 was really informative. Anyways, I enjoyed those parts.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
He really should have retired "many moons ago"... I'm not trying to be rude but, he's no spring chicken and he can't carry a note like he used to....

And then you go to the iTMS and they're pumping the stupid project. It seems so contrived.
jrt1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it was better than Ballmer and Microsoft at CES. That being said, they have kind of a hot chick give a demo of Windows 7. Smile

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/ces/keynote.aspx?initialVideo=fullKeynote
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the demonstration of iPhoto (which could be shorter!!) and definately seeing forward to import some old video's into iMovie. That is an amazing piece of software. iWork '08 I wonder if one gets the benefit from if already using '08? The new Macbook would be really cool, if the battery could be removed! I hate it when Apple does that, just like with the iPhone. And after 5 years or so, you have to send you MBP 17" in to have the battery replaced? Probably would cost you such an amount of money that it would be cheaper to buy a new model, thus degrading the value of your 2nd hand Macbook to almost nothing (parts!) I see all kind of shops appearing to have your battery replaced, but probably not with an original Apple battery! And Tony Bennet? C'mon, that's more for real old people and I'm from 1956! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: