123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac mini: Next generation to support dual displays?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NRecob wrote:
Yawn. I will be so underwhelmed if the new Minis claim to fame is support for dual displays (a completely worthless "feature" for me).

I don't think the new Mac mini's claim to fame will be dual displays, but it sure would be nice to have as an option. You see, I just bought a second 22" display not long ago. Smile

I think the claim to fame will come in the form as just being updated. Apple has let this little beauty of a computer languish for way too long.
grayskyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.• MACBOOK PRO 2.33• AIRPORT EXTREME N STATION• MAC OCTO PRO
fmaxwell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NRecob wrote:
Yawn. I will be so underwhelmed if the new Minis claim to fame is support for dual displays (a completely worthless "feature" for me).

Then you're just about the only person that it's useless for. According to multiple studies, dual monitors drastically improves productivity. Ask anyone who's had a system with dual (or triple) monitors whether they will ever be satisfied with a single display again. Actually, save yourself the time: No, they won't be satisfied with a single monitor.

http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/05/31/dual-monitor-display-increases-productivity/
NRecob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmaxwell wrote:
NRecob wrote:

Then you're just about the only person that it's useless for. According to multiple studies, dual monitors drastically improves productivity. Ask anyone who's had a system with dual (or triple) monitors whether they will ever be satisfied with a single display again. Actually, save yourself the time: No, they won't be satisfied with a single monitor.

http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/05/31/dual-monitor-display-increases-productivity/

Link to all the geeks/cite all the "studies" you want--no multiple monitor kool aide for me (or "green" kool aide etc etc etc). Call me "unproductive"/imply I'm "uninformed" see if I care Wink lol

-Sign me "Less is More"
nlrela

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone any news on possible release date for the new mac mini ?
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of running a second montitor without investing in external periferals is THE major complaint of MacMini users. It is a deliberate strategy by Apple to encourage people who don't want an all-in-one to go for the far, far more expensive MacPro, which is totally overspecd for most of us.

Nobody knows what's round the corner. Apple is reputedly one of the most tight-lipped companies in the world, and no amount of rumour or speculation is worth giving any attention to - as was proven yet again by the latest MacWorld vent that was such a flop in this respect, that it has probably done more to damage sales of Apple's range of desktop computers than to enhance them.

However, it's my guess that like the Cube, the Mini will be discontinued, leaving an even bigger gap. We'll see...
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
crezo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to post my op on the dual monitor setup. i used to run dual 15"s for use with PS/Illustrator, so i could have all controll panels on one screen, and work on the other. But since switching to a 22" i really don;t see the need anymore, plus it slows the machine down no end.

So it's really no biggy for me if it features it or not (especially with you multi-desktop setups in leopard). HOWEVER when/if it does get updated, it will most likely feature the same setup as the macbooks which can support dual displays with the nvidia chip so it will no doubt feature this too.
fmaxwell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NRecob wrote:
Call me "unproductive"/imply I'm "uninformed" see if I care Wink lol

You are obviously unproductive, but perhaps that's because you have not seen all of the information about multiple monitors and productivity.

There. Feel better? Wink
TalkenRain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TalkenRain wrote:
zen wrote:
TalkenRain wrote:
zen wrote:
As long as it comes with a DVI adapter also I would love that.

Will this change allow the new mini to support the 30" cinema display at all?

HDMI won't.. but if they use the new mini display port that the new macbooks use then it will support the 30".

WOW, then I'm sold Smile

So I went out and got a 30" cinema display with the plan to get a new mini as soon as it came out.

Dang it, No new mini announced at the show Sad... I'm now using my old mini with this great 30" cinema display but the resolution is so bad I can hardly stand it (only 1280X800). What to do now Embarassed...

Any ideas short of purchasing a mac pro?
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, except being patient and listening to some music Very Happy
BTW: The prices of all flat panel TVs and computer monitors are expected to be slashed by 30% this year as due to the downturn they are stockpiling in the factories. This may be some incentive for Apple to either ugrade the Mini or bridge its headless range.
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: