123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forwarding to mobileme can be very slow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iCloud
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghdavies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Forwarding to mobileme can be very slow Reply with quote

Hello

I'm new to Mobile Me and am about to take delivery of my first Apple Mac on Tuesday, having put up with Vista for the last couple of years it was either get a Mac or get my window repaired since my PC is about to go through it Very Happy

I've been using Mobile Me now for a few days, it works great, synchronises on my Vista PC, webmail and my ipod Touch. However the one problem I get is forwarding from my own domain name to my mobileme account - sometimes it's instant, other times it's anything up to 24 hours. I know there's no problems on my domain side since it's my own apache server, other emails seem to get to mobileme fairly quickly although not always.

Is the email always slow or is it just something over the last few days? I can get around it by checking my own email and my mobileme but it's not ideal.

Gareth
ghdavies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get it sorted. Spoke to Mobile Me support and told them I thought it might be their server blockign mine because it was forwarding all the spam along with my important emails, they confirmed it was and are going to sort it out.

Considering I'm just on a trial the response was pretty amazing, especially compared to most other IT companies who just wouldn't bother or take days to get back to you. I had an email within about 20 minutes.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. I wonder if the update pushed out to day will help sort it all for you...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iCloud All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: