123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac mini with Viewsonic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vonkas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Mac mini with Viewsonic Reply with quote

Subject: mac mini workout
Date: 10 February 2005 8:39:43 AM
To: thetwo@netspace.net.au

I have given the Mac mini a good workout over the last few weeks. I have the entry level mini with standard 256 mb RAM. I use it for communicating and internet stuff. I also have a 'loaded' G5 - so I can make a judgment on the mini's performance.

Connected to my Mac mini are a (cheap) 17" Viewmaster LCD with stereo speakers inbuilt, iSight, Netgear MA111 USB WLAN, DLink DBT-120 USB bluetooth adapter plugged into an Apple USB keyboard and Logitech HS02-V04 bluetooth headset.

Mostly active at the same time are Safari, Mail, iPhoto, iTunes, Speed Downloader, Audio HiJack, MS Instant Messenger and the amazing Skype! I also use Tomato Torrent, Windows Media Player, DVD Player and I tested Garageband. Except Garageband all of the above work like a charm! GB hicks up a bit and needs to be alone - no other applications active - to be able to play songs - but the complexity of the supplied demo songs is the maximum it can handle.

On the whole this is an impressive little machine! My favorite experience with it was to talk live with my sister via the bluetooth headset with Skype half way around the globe, edit & sort pictures taken with iSight and a digital camera there & then, bounce pictures back & forth with Messenger and browse the web to explore sites together. We were both on low speed home ADSL connections and things just flowed - what more do you want??

BTW - I have no brightness issues with this screen - as reported by others regarding some 3rd party screens. If anything it's too bright - I usually have the brightness turned down to 80%.

chrisb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice setup thanks for sharing it!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vonka's

Thank you for the nice write up and picture! Very Happy

Admin
bubba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also have a 'loaded' G5 - so I can make a judgment on the mini's performance.

So what is your judgement?
epic_ed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logitech HS02-V04 bluetooth headset

I was thinking of picking one of those up. Does it work and sound good?

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: