123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MacUpdate Offers 2008 Holiday Bundle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: MacUpdate Offers 2008 Holiday Bundle Reply with quote

MacUpdate Offers 2008 Holiday Bundle
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Posted by: Fran

MacUpdate today announced its 2008 Holiday Bundle. The latest bundle delivers up to 10 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $447.96 value if all purchased separately), and is available through December 18th. It should be noted that buyers receive all 10 bundled applications immediately. Nothing is locked this time around. Here are the applications included in the bundle:

Read more...

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1089.html
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice bundle. Drive Genius, RapidWeaver and LittleSnitch have been on my list for while now.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it this morning. Great deal! I owned an older version of Prosoft Drive Genius and had been thinking of upgrading it, anyway. The upgrade would have been $50 alone. I also own Default Folder and really like it. It's on my iMac in the office, and I had been thinking about getting another copy for my mini at home. Now I have it for free, in effect.

I don't know much about the other software in the bundle, but I'm sure there are a few gems among them. I'm wondering in particular about Intego VirusBarrier. Do any of you use it? Does it slow down your mac?

Count me a happy camper. Very Happy
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Do any of you use it? Does it slow down your mac?

I tried the trial a while back. It didn't seem to slow things down or use a tremendous amount of system resources.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a better bundle than previous bundles. Usually people comment to the effect that they can get free equivalents of ...
jrt1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like Pixelmator short of me buying it. Wink

I may buy it for RapidWeaver and Drive Genius. Those are the gems in my eyes.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice bundle indeed. Count me in the crowd picking this up for Drive Genius. I think my wife will enjoy having MacGourmet as well. MacPilot, Little Snitch and Default Folder X are also nice applications. That said, I already own Little Snitch.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these bundles, as a switcher they have been an excellent introduction to the Mac Cool

I bought the bundle for Little Snitch, Rapidweaver and Default Folder X, Drive Genius looks like it will prove to be a useful addition also.

I already owned and use Mac Pilot and What Size, so these will be gifted to my daughter.

One app I'd never heard of which I think is one of Gems in the bundle has turned out to be KeyCue. Its a brilliant addition to my application folder.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
One app I'd never heard of which I think is one of Gems in the bundle has turned out to be KeyCue. Its a brilliant addition to my application folder.

It's handy application for shortcut freaks or those wanting to learn. I recommended it a while back in another thread.

I think this is a one better bundles from MU. I would be a buyer, but I still have a bunch of Christmas gifts to buy and things are tight. Sad
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice of applications.

Minus little snitch of course i don't like any piece of software that auto registers in your name and sends out your address and phone number to there servers.
Wedge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
Minus little snitch of course i don't like any piece of software that auto registers in your name and sends out your address and phone number to there servers.

The new version sends out your blood type and a stool sample, so be aware.

Seriously though, being paranoid about an app phoning home whose sole purpose in life is to let you know that other apps are phoning home seems like a recursion error to me.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge wrote:
Seriously though, being paranoid about an app phoning home whose sole purpose in life is to let you know that other apps are phoning home seems like a recursion error to me.

That made me think and laugh man. What comes first, the chicken or the egg? Laughing
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went ahead and picked this up too. I was really needing Little Snitch anyway, and the rest of the apps looked worth the few extra bucks. Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but I like having a way to scan for viruses. Gives me a little piece of mind while partaking in "morally questionable activities" on the internet. Wink

When i was checking out, I saw that you can get 4 for the price of 3 on this deal. If I had seen that earlier, I probably would have tried organizing a few other folks on this forum to go in on it for a discount. Too late for me, but others may want to think about it. Hey, $12.50 is $12.50!
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aargh-a-Knot wrote:
When i was checking out, I saw that you can get 4 for the price of 3 on this deal. If I had seen that earlier, I probably would have tried organizing a few other folks on this forum to go in on it for a discount. Too late for me, but others may want to think about it. Hey, $12.50 is $12.50!

I ordered this morning, but that's a good idea.

I mostly picked this up for Drive Genius, MacPilot and MacGourmet for my wife. I don't think she's been particularly thrilled with YummySoup. Maybe she'll like MacGourmet better.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: