123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Safari 3.2.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Safari 3.2.1 Reply with quote

Apple Releases Safari 3.2.1
Monday, November 24, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released Safari 3.2.1 for Leopard, Tiger and Windows via its Software Update utility and on the Web. According to the company, this update includes stability improvements and is recommended for all Safari users. No other specifics about the update were given at this time. Safari 3.2.1 for Leopard weighs in at 39.9 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.5 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1084.html
Grover Time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew there was something wrong with 3.2. Wink

Honestly, 3.2 hasn't been doing that great for me on certain websites, especially if they have embedded Flash content. I don't feel like restarting right now, but I hope this update helps some.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of the people having trouble with 3.2 were running PithHelmet. It hasn't given me an ounce of trouble.
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trouble with 3.2 here either.

Will 3.2.1 be snappier? Laughing
2nd gen. iPod shuffle (1 GiB)
selector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not running PithHelmet, but had problems when switching between multiple tabs. So, yeah, it was jacked. Wink
zen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a minor but very strange issue after doing this update. When the system went to boot up again it was looking for a network boot drive rather than the built in one. It simply shows a flashing globe in this mode rather than the flashing question mark like it does for local drives. The update somehow changed my startup disk prefs for me. I know this for sure because when I opened the preference pane it was set to "network startup" and I have never ever selected that on any mac I have ever owned.

Anyway.. just thought it was strange enough to share.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zen wrote:
I had a minor but very strange issue after doing this update. When the system went to boot up again it was looking for a network boot drive rather than the built in one. It simply shows a flashing globe in this mode rather than the flashing question mark like it does for local drives. The update somehow changed my startup disk prefs for me. I know this for sure because when I opened the preference pane it was set to "network startup" and I have never ever selected that on any mac I have ever owned.

That is strange. Did you have to restart in Safe Mode to reselect your hard drive as the startup drive, or did it just bypass it then?
zen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
zen wrote:

That is strange. Did you have to restart in Safe Mode to reselect your hard drive as the startup drive, or did it just bypass it then?

No.. I let it sit in the flashing globe mode for about 30-40 sec and then it just booted from the internal drive on its own. I guess in network startup it maybe gives you a moment to connect a drive.

I'm sure your idea would work also though. So would booting from the OSX DVD.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

selector wrote:
Not running PithHelmet, but had problems when switching between multiple tabs. So, yeah, it was jacked. Wink

Me too, but it's working fine now. Smile
zen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last couple days 3.2.1 has been beachballing like crazy.

Anyone else?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zen wrote:

Anyone else?

Not really. When are you seeing them the most? Like when you open Safari, go to sites, or open new tabs? Do you have anything sucking resources hard in Activity Monitor? Do you have any third-party items like PithHelmet or SafariStand installed? If so, you might consider removing them.
zen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
zen wrote:

Anyone else?

Not really. When are you seeing them the most? Like when you open Safari, go to sites, or open new tabs? Do you have anything sucking resources hard in Activity Monitor? Do you have any third-party items like PithHelmet or SafariStand installed? If so, you might consider removing them.

I have no Safari helper apps whatsoever installed. The CPU usage is often very low when it does this. There is nothing else going on to hold it back either.

Maybe my current Leopard install is just in need of a reformat and reinstall since I have been running the current install since Leopard first came out (about 12-13 months). The system feels a bit slow the last couple weeks compared to months ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: