123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pairing issues with Apple TV with its remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Granolaguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Pairing issues with Apple TV with its remote Reply with quote

Despite my efforts I have not been able to get the little locked symbol when my remote is paired with its remote. Is there something I'm missing or is the little symbol a reference to a past version? Any help would be appreciated.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what buttons are you pressing to pair the remote to the ATV? If you go to the "remotes" section, does it show a remote being paired already?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Granolaguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Buttons pushed Reply with quote

I simultaneously holding down the Next/Fast-Forward (>>|) and Menu buttons for 6 seconds as stated in the manule
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
If you go to the "remotes" section, does it show a remote being paired already?

Question
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Granolaguy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Buttons pushed Reply with quote

Granolaguy wrote:
I simultaneously holding down the Next/Fast-Forward (>>|) and Menu buttons for 6 seconds as stated in the manule

I see no indication of the "chainlink" symbol above the picture of a remote. However the remote functions work.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Apple TV menu's, under "Remotes", does it show you have a remote already paired? I understand that it works and that you don't see the chain links, this may be because it is already paired and you just missed the chain links when the flashed up on the screen, they don't show for very long, it would be easy to miss.

You can also un pair the remote/s from the Apple TV menu as well, and start all over if you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: