123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

g4 mini to g5 powermac(non intel) p2p downloading.?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canderson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: g4 mini to g5 powermac(non intel) p2p downloading.? Reply with quote

i recently bought a used mac g5 power pc- i wanted a digital output to my screen and i hoped it would give faster processing compared to my g4 macmini...-so i tried to transfer all my info from the mini to the tower using setup assistant..everything seemed to be going ok but it stalled on network settings.. i turned it off and restarted- all fine except i can no longer use my vuze p2p?( i also tied "aquisition" thinking that Vuze may be the problem but i get the same message box!) The internet is fine, email is fine, i can download files, ie i upgraded the g5 to osx10.4.11 but..... when i tried to download a tv programme, the message was "unable to download.... try saving to disc."
i doublechecked everything that i understood!
i then tried to reload everything using migration assistant and again it stalled on network settings!! i again had to turn the g5 off again.
has anyone got any idea...
when i switch back to my mini, everything is fine - i can download movies etc fine. the g5 power pc is really annoying me. it's faster overall but it's no good to me if i cant get it to work on the one specific item i use mostly.... Evil or Very Mad
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: g4 mini to g5 powermac(non intel) p2p downloading.? Reply with quote

canderson wrote:
The internet is fine, email is fine, i can download files, ie i upgraded the g5 to osx10.4.11 but..... when i tried to download a tv programme, the message was "unable to download.... try saving to disc."

Lack of HDD space ?

What was the full content of the message...?

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
canderson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

full message is

"Download Error.
/users/craigand/Desktop/top.gear.s12e01.ws.pdtv.xvid-river.avi. Torrent could not be opened, because an unknown error occured.
Try saving to disc and then opening the file."

yet when i tried to download direct through vuze it worked! it went to mininova and downloaded ok? obviously i can't download everything i want through vuze....

re hdrive has about 60gb free!

it's a puzzle......

thanks for the reply.
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re thanks for your reply..

No worries Craig.

Hope you chose to stick around.

There is a fine mob of posters floating around this forum... Cool

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: