123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Posts Video of Notebook Event
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Apple Posts Video of Notebook Event Reply with quote

Apple Posts Video of Notebook Event
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Posted by: Brian

Apple has posted a video of the special notebook event that took place today in Cupertino. "Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs reveal what's new in Mac. See the video-on-demand (VOD) event right here, exclusively in QuickTime and MPEG-4," notes the company. The video runs approximately fifty three minutes in length. The same video should also be available for download on iTunes later today.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1054.html
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you, but I'm watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull first. I'll save The Temple of Gloss (i.e. today's Macbook event) for a rainy night. Wink
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple gets bashed after every single event. There has never been an Apple event that people didn't start bashing immediately. Within a week the same products get rave reviews from the magazines/websites etc.

I've seen comments posted by a number of professional graphic artists that now exclusively use glossy displays. If a majority of people didn't like them then I doubt Apple would keep producing them and continue commenting that "people want them".

I watched Indiana Jones last night. I wasn't that impressed. I'm sort of strange with movies though. I like the low budget ones that shine. Indiana Jones had a decent budget. That's why I rate it as, just okay.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I must have rubbed Bandit the wrong way or something. Surprised
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Apple gets bashed after every single event. There has never been an Apple event that people didn't start bashing immediately. Within a week the same products get rave reviews from the magazines/websites etc.

I've seen comments posted by a number of professional graphic artists that now exclusively use glossy displays. If a majority of people didn't like them then I doubt Apple would keep producing them and continue commenting that "people want them".

Agreed, 100% !!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

Try showing a client a mock-up of something anytime during the day on a glossy screen and tell me how great they are. Show me one of those professional graphic artists, and I'll show you someone that works in a cave!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opensky42 wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

Try showing a client a mock-up of something anytime during the day on a glossy screen and tell me how great they are. Show me one of those professional graphic artists, and I'll show you someone that works in a cave!

Huh? Ever heard of MOVING?!?! Put the sun in front of you if you must show mock ups on the beach.....

I mean c'mon.... it's a PORTABLE computer, it's not bolted to a desk, the display hinges and your legs and arms work, I hope....

This ain't rocket science guys.....

BTW, I do show tons of different things on my GLOSSY SCREEN MACBOOK, albeit not "mock ups", nevertheless, I've never lost a client due to any glare....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opensky42 wrote:
I'll show you someone that works in a cave!

Actually, the new MacBooks are perfect for cave dwellers. Unless they have overhead lighting in there. Razz
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
Put the sun in front of you if you must show mock ups on the beach.....

Say, that's a great idea! I should start taking them to the beach. If they can't see the screen, I can just say f*ck it and go surfing! Razz
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Dang, I must have rubbed Bandit the wrong way or something. Surprised

No, not at all Smile

As I mentioned there are ALWAYS complaints after every event. It's par for the course. I guarantee after the next Apple event, there will be complaints. It's just natural. You can't please everyone. Apple is a business. They have to do what makes the most profit. I just think people should cut Apple a little slack.

Every single decision that Apple makes is going to have an effect. They pay people big money to brainstorm and conduct research prior to making a decision. For now glossy gets the thumbs up. Firewire at a consumer level get the thumbs down. We as consumers have the choice. Vote with your $.
castaway

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a moron for saying this, but Jonathan Ive has a really shinny head. I wonder if that is by design? Laughing
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

castaway wrote:
I feel like a moron for saying this, but Jonathan Ive has a really shinny head. I wonder if that is by design? Laughing

Yup, can't get enough of that gloss Smile
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
castaway wrote:

Yup, can't get enough of that gloss Smile

Laughing

I'm surprised he is proponent of glossy screens with the kind of glare he probably throws off.

I enjoyed watching the event, but there was one strange point. Did you guys notice how irritated Steve Jobs seemed when they handed out those cases for people to look at? Did they think people were going to take off with them or something? I don't know, that just came of weird to me. That being said, I watched it late last night.
iLife's a Bitch!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Did you guys notice how irritated Steve Jobs seemed when they handed out those cases for people to look at? Did they think people were going to take off with them or something? I don't know, that just came of weird to me. That being said, I watched it late last night.

He seemed more agitated by how long people were taking. I did think it was kinda funny that he waited until they were all collected though. It must still be top secret! LOL! Did you happen to catch it when he said "lights down" and it took a while before they dimmed? The guy running the lights must have been checking out one of those fancy, dancy top cases! Laughing
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
Did you happen to catch it when he said "lights down" and it took a while before they dimmed? The guy running the lights must have been checking out one of those fancy, dancy top cases! Laughing

I didn't notice that one. He was probably trying to get on the Apple store to order one. Just got distracted. Wink
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: