123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing an iPhone application

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Writing an iPhone application Reply with quote

Hey all,

I've started writing an iPhone application. Has anyone else messed with XCode or Dashcode for writing an app? I'm slowly teaching myself how to write Objective C 2.0, or at least I think that's the language it needs to be written in! LOL! I know enough to be dangerous. So far, I've got the base of the app done and working in the iPhone simulator, my question is, does anyone know of any crash courses to writing iPhone apps? I've come across a few stumbling blocks.

I'm sure I'll figure it out, just looking for a little nudge in the right direction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a smart thing to do, Hackers! If I wasn't in school, I'd be learning this as well. Now I know who to go to with all my ideas for iPhone Apps! Wink

Hurry up and learn so you can get to work on that full-function Plex remote control Application with coverflow!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is supposed to be the best book to buy on Cocoa

Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X 3rd Edition by Aaron Hillegass

I bought the 2nd edition earlier in the year with the hope of teaching myself Cocoa but never got around to it. I've now bought the 3rd Edition and will be working my way through it.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: