123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Recalls Ultracompact USB Power Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Apple Recalls Ultracompact USB Power Adapter Reply with quote

Apple Recalls Ultracompact USB Power Adapter
Friday, September 19, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today issued a recall for the USB power adapter included with the iPhone 3G. According to the company, the new ultracompact USB power adapter's metal prongs can break off and remain in a power outlet, creating the risk of electric shock. The adapter was included with every iPhone 3G sold in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Peru. It was also available as a standalone accessory in those countries, as well as Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, and Panama.

Users with ultracompact power adapters should immediately stop using them until they can exchange them for a new, redesigned ultracompact adapter. You can order this new adapter online, or exchange yours for a new one at an Apple Retail Store starting on October 10th.

In the meantime, users should charge their iPhone 3G by connecting it to their computer with the USB cable that came with their iPhone or by using a standard-sized Apple USB Power Adapter (with fold up prongs) or with a third party adapter designed to work with the iPhone, such as a car charger.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1040.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope no one is shocked by this news. Wink
castaway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like they should be offering replacements faster in those countries. That is almost a month away.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one online this morning. Mine seems sturdy, but I don't want to get shocked. I also don't want anything getting stuck in an outlet. That would just be a pain.
iLife's a Bitch!
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple just announced that they will recall every computer sold during the last 7 years, as there is a substantial risk for sticker shock. Oh wait, too late! Wink
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking news to say the least. Wink

Enter next shock joke here....
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I ordered one online this morning. Mine seems sturdy, but I don't want to get shocked. I also don't want anything getting stuck in an outlet. That would just be a pain.

I don't think the shock is as bad as removing something from the outlet. ...that be a nightmare.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
I don't think the shock is as bad as removing something from the outlet. ...that be a nightmare.

I'm sure we could do it, but the average person would probably have to call an electrician if the outlet needed replaced.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: