123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate Intros FreeAgent Drives for Macs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Seagate Intros FreeAgent Drives for Macs Reply with quote

Seagate Intros FreeAgent Drives for Macs
Monday, September 15, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Seagate today introduced its new FreeAgent Desk for Mac and FreeAgent Go for Mac external hard drives. According to the company, the drives are both formatted for use with Mac OS X out of the box and are Time Machine ready with FireWire800/400 or USB 2.0 connectivity. The FreeAgent Go for Mac also comes with a docking station and carrying case. It's available in 250GB and 320GB capacities, with prices starting $160. The FreeAgent Desk for Mac is offered in capacities of 500GB, 1TB and 1.5TB. Prices for it start at $170. Both drives will be available at retail starting this month.

It should be noted that Seagate also introduced standard FreeAgent Desk and Go drives in multiple colors and capacities today. They look nice as well.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1036.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in the market for another drive, but that looks kinda hot sitting in the dock.
jrt1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only does the Go for Mac drive look cool standing upright in the dock, it could actually be handy having the dock. I hate messing with wires and looking for an open USB or firewire port. It also comes with firewire connectivity, which is a plus in my eyes. I'm going to keep an eye on these price wise. They are a little expensive when you compare them to the Passport drives from WD, but I would rather have one of these. Mostly for the reasons I mentioned above. I also like that it has a brushed metal enclosure instead of plastic.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll wait for the Iogear eGo Helium, it looks nice and super thin.

http://store.iomega.com/section?SID=4f88175794a69a8494006bc3ead459cecd6:4760&secid=40299
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
I think I'll wait for the Iogear eGo Helium, it looks nice and super thin.

I haven't seen that one before. I must say that it looks cool with the MackBook Air. The rounded corners even match up. It's also super thin at 0.63". That beat this FreeAgent drive at 0.69" and the WD Passport at 0.71" by just a smudge.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an ICY enclosure from Newegg that's only half an inch thick. It also has a little built in USB connector. Beat that guys! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: