123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with my Intel Mac mini, but I lost that darn Newertech USB wireless adapter with the G4. Anything that updates the Boot Caches basically kills the software. It's just a pain reinstalling everything again.
MetalManiac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Several people reported it on MacNN.com. At least one said it went away when they subsequently ran the combo installer. That's why I never do a system update from the Software Updater. You might want to try that combo and see what happens.

What's the difference between a combo update and what the Software Updater will give me?
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalManiac wrote:
What's the difference between a combo update and what the Software Updater will give me?

Software Update will give you a Combo Update if you're using 10.5.3 or below. The basic difference between a Delta Update (individual) and the Combo Update is that the Combo includes all prior updates. Meaning you can update your system from 10.5.1, 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 to 10.5.5. The Delta only allows you to update from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5. I mean using this update as an example.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the combo updater on my Intel and G4 minis and my G4 Cube this morning, again after repairing permissions. No problems on any of these, so I'm 4 for 4 with the 10.5.5. No obvious benefits from the update, but I didn't have any problems before.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Comcast has been down, so I had to use my Sprint network adapter, and update took about half an hour. I h*te Comcast Sad
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
My Comcast has been down

You think you've been down. I just came to my parent's house in Florida from Texas. It's still a mess in Houston from Ike. Sad

I was able to bring my Mac mini though. No problems to report on 10.5.5. It seems to be stable enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: