123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eds3028

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: spore? Reply with quote

I installed spore on my MacBook it runs perfectly except that the creature builder in build mode is missing. I can find it's spine but the rest of the creature viewer is black. When I switch to paint or test or even the options menu my creature is there in full glory is anyone else having this problem. I am contemplating installing boot camp and xp to play this game unless anyone has ideas to help me?

I may have also exceeded my installs since I used one for MacBook. Tried it on my old laptop (didn't) work and my brothers computer (did work) so now even if I do install bootcamp it won't work will it? I hate what ea has done to games.
Mr.187

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may need to purchase the creature creator. It's about $10/£5.

http://eastore.ea.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/DisplayCategoryHomePage/categoryID.12334400/ThemeID.1295800

There is also a free version that's about 25% content of the full version.

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
Mr.187

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now bought the game myself. Running it on my iMac and it looks great. Spent most of Sunday Afternoon and evening on the game. Also had a sneeky play this morning before work.

Smile

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
eds3028

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bit the bullet and installed XP onto my precious mac (required a lot of work on my part including formating reinstalling leopard, creating bootcamp then restoring my system from a timemachine drive) but i did it, and i can now confirm, for those of us with GMA950 intel graphics cards, that SPORE does indeed function perfectly while running under XP via bootcamp

Cheers!! Laughing

Also i must say i am loving this game was up until 4am playing it Embarassed
Jamhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Does spore work on the MacMini? Reply with quote

Will Spore work on the mac mini? 1.83GHZ one?
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spore isn't doing well a lot of gamers are mad over the drm activation.

After 3 times you are in trouble.
eds3028

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know i came across the 3 times already once on OSX, once on my old laptop (No luck there didn't work), once on my brothers computer. Then i couldn't install it on my XP partition, so i had to ring EA at $2.50 AUD to get them to email me a second one.
Morg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

errggghh could someone please help me too i got spore but my mac mini has th gma 950 grapics card, which is unrunnable on mac and which is why your screen is going black and all you can see is the spine. it happened to me too. but im trying to download spore on wine because windows minimum system requirements say gma 950 graphics will work. but, when i put the spore disk in it loads the mac installer only. does ne1 no how to install it on wine?
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you have to mod the game which i cannot tell you how to because it violates the eula of the software.

Sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: