123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple to hold special event on September 9th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grover Time

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I would like to see iTunes 8 with some sort of all-you-can-eat plan.

It would also be nice to see Apple bring HD movies over to iTunes 8 and for playback in Front Row, as well as extending their rental time to at least 48 hours.
stevedomino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaDDuck wrote:
Oh, is it Christmas? Santa Steve? I want PSP compatibility on the touch/iPhone, The Beatles, Loco Roco, and a bike!

i think you might be onto something with regards to The Beatles - it looks as though all their albums have (FINALLY!) been remastered and should be out sometime next year

http://www.whatgoeson.com/blog/the-beatles/200809031148/will-apple-confirm-digital-beatles-in-2009-at-tuesday-event.html
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it iTunes 8 will....

- Include Genius and Genius sidebar, which makes playlists from songs in your library that go great together and recommends music from the iTunes Store that you don't already have.

- Include a new Grid view.

- Have TV shows for download in HD.

- Include support for the iPod nano (4G), iPod classic (2G), and iPod touch (2G). You know, the new iPods.

- Have a new music visualizer.

http://kevinrose.com/blogg/2008/9/3/whats-new-in-itunes-8.html
usarcher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
usarcher wrote:
Yes, I would take that for video on the AppleTV Cool

I'm not sure how one for video (movies and TV) would work, but that would be great. That being said, I'm mostly interested in a cheap music plan like Rhapsody.

Like Netflix's streaming, just with Apple's quality.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
dungeon92 wrote:
They would update the MacBook and MacBook Pro most likely since the educational free iPod offer is right before a Mac update.

That promotion ends on the 15th. Why would they release new MacBooks a week before it ends? It seems like that could piss some people off. Then again, they are coming out with new iPods to give away. I guess that I'm surprised this event isn't after the 15th.

Last time they updated iPods before the promotion ended you just got the $179 off any iPod.

They will most likely announce them, but they may not ship for a week or else they'll have backstock like last year when the 3g Nanos came out and you could still get a 2g nano for free*.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhapsody is lame can anyone say bad idea.

Here is Rhapsody's problem they charge you a monthly fee and let you listen to music for 30 days free without paying problem no one will pay when they can use audio hijack or other applications to record the stream not really a good business strategy Huh.

Where itunes has a wonderfull interface and you get to listen to 30 sec of a song to hear it and then you get to download the song that you want no full album only downloads like Rhapsody.

I would rather use itunes.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevedomino wrote:
i think you might be onto something with regards to The Beatles - it looks as though all their albums have (FINALLY!) been remastered and should be out sometime next year

I probably have every Beatle track ever recorded, but that would make me very happy.

Ben_Tex wrote:
-Have TV shows for download in HD.

I'll start buying TV shows again if that is the case. Now, can we just get NBC back? I want 30 Rock and full episodes of SNL.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:

Rhapsody is actually a cool service. And the To Go option makes it even a sweeter proposition. I would love to see Apple bring something similar over to iTunes. Imagine being able play anything you want in iTunes and then transferring it to your iPhone or iPod for $15 bucks a month. They could also have a front end for the service through Front Row and for Apple TV. I don't know about you, but I would sign up tomorrow.
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevedomino wrote:
MaDDuck wrote:
Oh, is it Christmas? Santa Steve? I want PSP compatibility on the touch/iPhone, The Beatles, Loco Roco, and a bike!

http://www.whatgoeson.com/blog/the-beatles/200809031148/will-apple-confirm-digital-beatles-in-2009-at-tuesday-event.html

Don't forget, the Beatles and Apple Inc have had a rocky relationship in the past. It would be nice if they reconciled their differences, but I have heard anything to indicate that progress was being made in that direction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3105444.stm
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
macmanmacman wrote:

Rhapsody is actually a cool service. And the To Go option makes it even a sweeter proposition. I would love to see Apple bring something similar over to iTunes. Imagine being able play anything you want in iTunes and then transferring it to your iPhone or iPod for $15 bucks a month. They could also have a front end for the service through Front Row and for Apple TV. I don't know about you, but I would sign up tomorrow.

Itunes may have a slicker interface, but eMusic has way better prices. If you are not a fan of super mainstream pop (Janet Jackson anyone?) then its a great deal. I've gotten the majority of my world and electronica collection from eMusic. Its great for discovering new music also, because you can look at other members playlists and play connect the dots.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opensky42 wrote:
Don't forget, the Beatles and Apple Inc have had a rocky relationship in the past. It would be nice if they reconciled their differences, but I have heard anything to indicate that progress was being made in that direction.

Don't know what is taking so long (maybe the Beatles are looking for an exclusive deal), but I'm pretty sure they have reconciled those differences. At least from a legal standpoint.
stevedomino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
opensky42 wrote:

Don't know what is taking so long (maybe the Beatles are looking for an exclusive deal), but I'm pretty sure they have reconciled those differences. At least from a legal standpoint.

it's all to do with the use of the word 'Apple' for anything to do with selling music but i think it's all cleared up now - see the following from last year:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/02/05apple.html
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevedomino wrote:

it's all to do with the use of the word 'Apple' for anything to do with selling music but i think it's all cleared up now - see the following from last year:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/02/05apple.html

Yeah it appears that they have "settled", but you still can't download a single Beatles song on iTunes....maybe that will be part of what they release next week.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the next generation iPod Classic will do away with mechanical HDDs; flash drives across the range. Not sure if 160GB would be an option though...
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
I wonder if the next generation iPod Classic will do away with mechanical HDDs; flash drives across the range. Not sure if 160GB would be an option though...

They could go with flash, but there's no way I see them going over 64GB. Then again, I'm wondering if they'll even keep the Classic around. Especially if they lower the price of the iPod Touch to like $149 to $199 with capacities in the 16GB to 32GB range. You also have to ask yourself this. Without the monster storage, who would even buy one? I wouldn't want a Classic over the Touch. There is just so much more that you can do with the Touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: