123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

simple features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: simple features Reply with quote

I am posting this as a question so that people might be able to help me work around some of these.

I just bought the new iPhone last friday and have wanted one since early last year. So I took the plunge, and huge increase in monthly billing. There are a few things with the iPhone, all software related I presume, that I am just BAFFLED at the fact they are not on the phone. For the cost of the phone and plan shouldn't we get a simple feature like MMS? That one is the absolute most ridiculous complaint there.

o *No MMS Support?**

viewmymessage.com NEVER works. Plus you have to remember the username and password rather than click a link that loads in automatically. Yes, you can just email photos from the phone, but seriously...release an update with mms support it can't be too hard. My old piece of crap phone supported it.

- Background app processes
I use Pandora religiously for internet radio (I would use iTunes like I do on my mac mini if it supported radio...*ahem*), also Palringo for msn/aim chat. Now when I'm in the gym and I get a text listening to Pandora if I reply bam, music stops. This is not a huge deal but once again, something simple that shouldn't be an issue right now. Also if I want to remain available on MSN/AIM while idle I have to have Palringo open. I hit the home screen and I am signed off....wow. My crappy nextel ran aim in the background. The iPod features works, open it up for 3rd party apps or include iChat and radio in iTunes next time.

- Camera
No Zoom? No size settings? NO VIDEO FEATURE? Forget about the fact the design has no flash. I rarely use my camera but once again, my old crap phones had these.

- A2DP Support
I can't use my bluetooth stereo headphones with this. I've been using my bt stereo headphones for like 4 months on my old phone. I don't mind the ear buds but for such a multimedia device this shouldn't be an issue. I ordered this adapter which supposebly works but really it shouldn't be an issue. From what I hear it is just a software feature.

Overall I would say the phone is worth having, but for what I pay a month I expect simple pleasures out of such a high end multimedia device. Apple please include these features in your next software update.

LaCie 500GB Gigabit Ethernet Disk mini
Apple BT Keyboard/Mighty Mouse, iSight
Vizio 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I can't see MMS support happening as Apple has made no specific mention of it.
2. Background App processes will never happen as Apple doesn't want lots of Apps running at once slowing down the phone and making the end user experience less pleasant. They are however allowing Apps such as IM's to keep a constant connection with an Apple server so message notifications can be pushed to the phone.
3. I doubt video or zoom will be introduced via a software update the best hope is probably when the hardware is next updated.
4. There is a reason the iPhone doesn't support A2DP I read it in an article some where but the reason escapes me.

Yes the iPhone is less than perfect and has given me a few headaches but I don't think I could use any other phone after buying one.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i wouldnt use any other phone after using it but how can i get im notifications?

Vizio 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbulava wrote:
yeah i wouldnt use any other phone after using it but how can i get im notifications?

Sorry I didn't say, thats being released in the 2.1 software update.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right on, thanks man.

Vizio 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: