123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBabou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
MrBabou wrote:
Hi all!

I'm new here, but now new to the Mac world. We've been using Macs (Mini and iMac) since about a couple of years now. I still have my PC as well though, but we love our Macs! hehehe Very Happy

Welcome to the site forums!

Thanks! I already used it a few times to answer questions I had Very Happy
xingthing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Considering a mac mini Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am considering getting a mac mini to start my journey into the mac world. I have been watching it from the sidelines for a while now and am ready to take that leap. I would not be a complete switcher as i would also keep my PC etc.

Here is what my setup is going to look like.

1. Toshiba Satellite AS205 Laptop. 1.6 Ghz Intel dual core, 2GB RAM Windows Vista Home Premium. Currently running Windows XP Pro SP2 on Vmware
Has a VGA out (no s-video out) and 2 USB ports.

2. Logitech USB basic Keyboard.
3. Microsoft Wireless USB mouse.
4. Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP 24 " widescreen monitor with lots of kinds of ports to connect to.
5. 160 GB 5400 RPM Seagate SATA drive, connects via SATA to USB2.0 case
6. 250 GB 5400 RPM Seagate SATA, connects via SATA to USB2.0 case

Well, above is my current setup. I want to add following things to this setup

1. Mac Mini 2.0 GHz with 2 GB RAM

Now the things I want to do after I get the Mac

1. Some kind of a KVM solution.(I see that my Monitor has USB ports, but I don't seem to get it working with my keyboard, mouse. Tosshiba connects via VGA, can connect Mac via DVI) Want to basically be able to connect my Mac and Toshiba at the same time. Need some discussions around possible solutions here.

2. Convert my existing SATA drives to a firewire drive, so that i can connect them on high speed to mac mini. What kind of cases can be recommended here?

3. Want to watch and Record TV in Picture-in-Picture on my Dell Monitor either via Mac.

Please guide me in finding information regarding such a setup. If you have something similar going on, then please share those ideas with me.

Thanks,
Xingthing
emax4

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I'm a Mac veteran and after buying my friend an older Mac, I've decided to upgrade my own G4 and get a Mac Mini for myself. For the longest time I kept saying that I don't need a new computer, but sometimes that LAGS (Latest and Greatest Syndrome) gets to me.

I'm also a writer for Macinstruct.com and look forward to learning more about the Intel Macs and experimenting with those. I'm sure glad this site is here and I'm looking forward to learning more and helping everybody out.

Eric B.
familiarstranger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everybody, I just ordered by Mini off amazon. a 22" lcd, apples BT keyboard and logitech BT moust. I plan on sticking a new HDD and 4Gb ram. Anyway I cant wait, I am sure I will be posting quite a bit so this is my introduction
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

familiarstranger wrote:
hey everybody, I just ordered by Mini off amazon. a 22" lcd, apples BT keyboard and logitech BT moust. I plan on sticking a new HDD and 4Gb ram. Anyway I cant wait, I am sure I will be posting quite a bit so this is my introduction

Welcome to the forums!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome all newcomers...enjoy the ride.
PM4444

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi. I'm the latest n00b to this forum. Smile

I've been an Apple computer user for 18 years at work and at home. I just upgraded from an iMacG4 to a mini. I heard this was the place to be for tips and info.
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

PM4444 wrote:
Hi. I'm the latest n00b to this forum. Smile

I've been an Apple computer user for 18 years at work and at home. I just upgraded from an iMacG4 to a mini. I heard this was the place to be for tips and info.

Welcome and this is the place to be for Mac Mini and Mac info in general!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome PM4444. I know the people here will extend the same courteous knowledge to you as they do with all new members.
possum1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: New Mini! Reply with quote

I just got my refurb 2.0 c2d Mini the other day, and I am enjoying so far. Odd thing that this one came with 2 gb of ram instead of the 1 gb that was listed on my order. I like it when things like this happen, although my luck would usually be that it came with 512...

It's been a long time since I have worked with a Mac( IIfx, IIci, and System 7!!!) and it the first one I have owned. I have been working with a pc for a long time and lusting after Macs since my buddy had the first Mac back in the 80's. I needed a new computer and refused to buy anything with Vista, so I am jumping in with the Mini.
HyMinded

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Great site Reply with quote

I just wanted to send along my compliments. I am new to the world of the Mac and decided to get my feet wet with a Mac Mini. Cool
birdy176

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the Welcome! Reply with quote

Please pass on my appreciation to the "webmeister" for making this the easiest registration process in a forum that I've ever joined.

And now on to a discussion I need to get advice from.
birdy176

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Display sizes Reply with quote

Have been living on the dark side for 24 years and still have 2 working PCs but am seeing the light. Have been trying to buy my neighbor's Tiger (the half-soccer ball shaped model) but she's not willing - just yet.

I wanted the 20" all-in-one but all reviews point to its extremely bad quality display and the great 24" one is too big for my setup and the additional cost does not seem justified.

So I thought about the Mac mini and a stand-alone 19" or 20" LCD, or even my still excellent Sony Trinitron connected to this Gateway. Please tell me your reasons for using a mini and how it differs from the other models. Am not into gaming but heavily into photography with the intent of using my new DVD Panasonic camcorder for making decent videos.

I am willing to go with a new Mac mini or refurb with Leopard OS unless it would entail a long waiting period. I guess my email addy appears somewhere, so please feel free to give me your advice since I want to order as soon as I get all the info re GHz, HDD, memory, USB etc. Also, if I can use my Logitech ball mouse (wired USB) and Gateway keyboard.

Any conflicts with Picasa or is the iPhoto app even better than the Google product?

I live in the boonies and the next brick and mortar Apple "cart" is one tank-full of golden juice (aka petrol, gasoline, Benzin...) Rolling Eyes away from home.
outaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lurking on 123Macmini.com since i got my new mac dated august 2005, my 3 years of machood is a bliss and finally decided to join this site... i thought it's just for mac mini owner but i guess i was wrong...
wolfcoyote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from Sicklerville, New Jersey; I'm a thirty-year-old Accounts Payable clerk who hasn't touched a Mac since the 1996 Performa days. Next month I plan to purchase a Mac Mini to learn a new OS besides Windows (which I've been forced to use due to my occupation and budget concerns) and it's all thanks to this website and the Maccast.

I'm not much of a PC gamer so I could care less about gaming via the Mini but Garage Band '08, iMovie, iPhoto, Time Machine, safer browsing, and the Mac community are the main reasons, with OpenOffice for writing term papers and managing spreadsheets from home.

I plan to visit South Jersey's newest Apple Store (Cherry Hill) and pick up a new keyboard and mouse in two weeks, and in October I plan to grab the Mini itself. Keep those tips and tricks coming!

iPad mini "R" (Retina Display), 32GB wi-fi only model
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: