123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Googles' G-Phone : Set to Roll.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Googles' G-Phone : Set to Roll. Reply with quote

The US government's FCC, has just granted certification approval, for the release of Googles new G-Phone : code named "Dream".

It is being directly linked to the USA's fourth biggest wireless telephone carrier : T-Mobile.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10010550-94.html

Various internet reports note, T-Mobile is set to act on the certification and it is expected to offer the G-Phone to its customers, by Christmas.

From Googles' point of view...

"The new phone is an important step in Google’s plans to expand the company’s presence beyond the personal computer and into the mobile universe. Google executives have been vocal about how the mobile Web is key to the company’s plans for growth, as well as expanding the market for its products to a global audience."

Will the G-Phones' release, spell the end of iPhones' domination of that portion of the market?

How these two phones will compare, in terms of price and features ?

Aquafire

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footnote :

A schematic layout of the G-Phone's chassis, was submitted to the FCC, as part of the certification process.

This is what was submitted.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=986138&native_or_pdf=pdf

More details as they come to hand.

Aquafire

Which would you choose?

usarcher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't think it will be as good as the iPhone. Google is a day late and a dollar short.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usarcher wrote:
I still don't think it will be as good as the iPhone. Google is a day late and a dollar short.

Agreed.

And if that screen shot is any indication. . . I'll be keeping my iPhone. . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
usarcher wrote:

Agreed.

And if that screen shot is any indication. . . I'll be keeping my iPhone. . .

Guys, you might be right..

But if the Google Mobile has an easily accessible battery, and other add ons such as radio etc, then I wouldn't want to count them out altogether.

Fact of the matter is, Google's "Android" OS isn't going to be limited to just one physical Phone, or just to one mobile phone company.

Google is part of a group calling itself, the Open Handset Alliance.

As such, it has a number of mobile providers, software companies and most importantly, a number of major Phone Manufacturers in the group . This last group includes, Motorola, Samsung, HTC & LG.

There is even talk of Nokia joining in the alliance, as well as merging its own OS 'Symbian' with 'Android'.

Aqua

PS : Apologies re the FCC schematic link in my previous post.

For some technical reason or other, the link is down...

(Could it be a bit of MS's handiwork)..... Confused

Which would you choose?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: