123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Premieres iTunes Movies in Australia and New Zealand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Apple Premieres iTunes Movies in Australia and New Zealand Reply with quote

Apple Premieres iTunes Movies in Australia and New Zealand
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Posted by: Fran

Apple today announced that movies from major film studios including 20th Century Fox, The Walt Disney Studios, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros. Entertainment, MGM, Sony Pictures Television International and Lionsgate are now available on the iTunes Store in Australia and in New Zealand. The stores feature over 700 films for rent or purchase, with new release titles available for purchase on the same day as their DVD release, including favorites such as "National Treasure 2," "Jumper," "27 Dresses," "Cloverfield," "Vantage Point" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

Read more...

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1016.html
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool but not cool.

I could see why this took so long to do because of piracy and the worrys of users hacking the drm protected files due to the fact in both country's piracy is a issue i am glad to see this because hopefully we will get more content from these other country's for the itunes store and i wouldn't mind seeing some more films from other country's you never know you might find something cool.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two beautiful countries. They deserve more iTunes content. Now, when are going to get those 48-hour rentals Mr. Jobs?
iLife's a Bitch!
myminirocks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, cool but not cool. A bit Pricey really when most local video shops new releases are like $2.95 and JB HiFi new release dvd to own can be about $12-19 and you get the tangible disc etc.

I know the convienience factor has to be considered and I will eat my words in time to come but I think that this will have a hard time taking off at these prices.

Not to mention the pathetic internet services we get in Australia, I mean our major carrier charges about $60 for a 'massive' 3gig data (and that includes uploads!!) There are a couple of little guys though that are starting to not count data thru the iTS, this may put pressure on more ISP's to offer this.

We will see I guess...
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myminirocks wrote:
Not to mention the pathetic internet services we get in Australia, I mean our major carrier charges about $60 for a 'massive' 3gig data (and that includes uploads!!)

Sounds like you Aussies are getting screwed there. How much fibre-optic has been laid across Oz?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Data caps just put a sour taste in my mouth. I would rather see them enforce 1.5–3 mbps speed limits or something.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fibre-who? Isn't that the stuff you use for a digital audio connection? Laughing

Seriously Screwed in Oz

24Mbps is the fastest connection possible in australia and you will only get that if you are 3Mtrs from the exchange, in real life most people on the fastest connection possible are getting anywhere from 3-8Mbps.

You Tube is even impossible sometimes. I told my wife about the new movies on iTunes and she laughed!! She said "what....am I supposed to know on monday night what I might feel like watching by friday, so you can start the download and hope it is finshed by friday!"

She frustrates me sometimes but she also has a wonderful way of putting things very simply sometimes Laughing
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: