123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desicions desicions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which should I get?
refurb mid range MacBook and 2.0GHz mini
86%
 86%  [ 13 ]
Black MacBook
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

branden31123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Desicions desicions Reply with quote

Should I get a refurb mid range MacBook and 2.0GHz mini, or should i get just a Black MacBook? If you have other suggestions tell me. right now i have a windows laptop that i usually use at my desk but i enjoy using it while watching tv and in bed. i have a keyboard mouse and 22" LCD so i wouldnt need to buy that stuff. Im leaning towards mini and macbook combo but if you can convince me otherwise im open to it.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seems like you'll be getting more for your money. . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
branden31123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im thinking of getting just a refurb 2.0ghz mini because i just upped my windows laptop ram from 1gb to 2gb and i would use that for mobile computing and then possibly get a mac laptop sometime in the near future.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The macbook is more expensive, but it can double as a desktop and a laptop, as you can run it with an external monitor, keyboard and mouse. I used my PowerBook G4 that way for almost a year until I bought my mini. But if you're happy with your PC laptop, the mini would be cheaper and give you close to the performance of the macbook
branden31123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what im doing now with my pc laptop and i dont like having to disconnect 8 cables every time i want to use my laptop on my bed or on the couch. my pc laptop is pretty fast i might upgrade the processor because when i was in there upgrading the ram i saw that the processor was socketed.
branden31123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shameless bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: