123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Launches MobileMe Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Apple Launches MobileMe Status Reply with quote

Apple Launches MobileMe Status
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Posted by: Brian

Apple has announced the launch of MobileMe Status. It's a new blog that promises to keep users up to date with the latest MobileMe news. According to an unnamed poster on the blog, "Steve Jobs has asked me to write a posting every other day or so to let everyone know what's happening with MobileMe, and I'm working directly with the MobileMe group to ensure that we keep you really up to date. In the 14 days since we launched, it's been a rocky road and we know the pain some people have been suffering. Be assured people here are working 24-7 to improve matters, and we're going to favor getting you new info hot off the presses even if we have to post corrections or further updates later." I don't know about you, but I think this is a baby step in the right direction. It could really provide a new level of communication between Apple and MobileMe users. What do you think?

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1002.html
idave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see them open comments up. Evil or Very Mad Laughing
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple doesn't seem like the kind of company that likes to air dirty laundry. So I bet the postings don't last long. Steve Jobs should have just issued a letter saying the same kind of stuff. An apology of sorts like he did with the iPhone price cut. That being said, MobileMe seems to be working fine for me. Maybe I'm just in the minority?
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To date .mac and MM have had recurring outages and have never been a good value even when they worked.

I don't get it. How can you screw it up the second time around. A large contingency of hardware and network resources should have been a no brainer.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.C. wrote:
A large contingency of hardware and network resources should have been a no brainer.

Agreed. They also should've had an invitation-only beta period for .Mac users. This shouldn't have been a top-secret kind of thing with an instant rollout. Especially on the same day you are launching a major new product like the iPhone 3G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: