123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List any problems with iPhone 3G or 2.0 software...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: List any problems with iPhone 3G or 2.0 software... Reply with quote

The texting is horribly laggy sometimes, taking a second or so for the character to appear. The 3G and Wi-fi signal on my phone is truly awful, I'm getting a replacement at the end of the week as I'm thinking its a hardware problem, if not hopefully all will be solved with imminent 2.0.1 software release. What issues are you guys experiencing?
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. Mine seems pretty responsive. AIM is like the only application that feels sluggish and buggy. I'm just having a hard time adjusting to the keyboard. I can't type on that thing worth a crap yet.
tastiehastie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone find that when you make calls without the headphones in that it takes ages for the screen to appear to cancel the call, unless you hold it to your ear and try and look out the corner of your eye.....??
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had the iPhone with the "old" software for quite some time I can safely say, for me, the new 2.0 software is really buggy and much slower. All apps I find lag, hang or "quit unexpectedly" way more often then the old software.

However, if I slowdown and give it a bit more time to load the app it works fine for the most part. All in all, it's just o.k. for me. They need to make it a bit more responsive, if they can.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
frankdawsonjr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also noticed the laggy performance with typing and the touch screen since the upgrade. I also had a an app reset my phone this am. a first for that! reports are that 2.01 will be out soon. i hope it fixes a few of these bugs!
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine also feels laggy and becomes unresponsive at times. I hope Apple gets the 2.01 update out fast. Mad
Mr.187

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My iPhone is also very laggy when typing. Also seems slower at connecting calls too. I've reset it many times.

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
Mr.187

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also noticed that the battery life is now very poor, 1st time my iPhone has died due to low battery, not that I've been using it either.

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got my replacement iPhone today and the Wi-fi and 3G signal still aren't as strong as I expect hopefully the software update will improve things.
What are people hoping for in future updates aside from the obvious MMS and copy and paste? I hope GPS support is improved so turn by turn directions can be used also stability improvements are much needed!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
What are people hoping for in future updates aside from the obvious MMS and copy and paste?

You know it with copy and paste! Anything that can help eliminate typing on the iPhone is a good thing. I just suck at typing on the iPhone. I'm a one-finger pecker at best. My thumbs are just too big.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
trustory wrote:
What are people hoping for in future updates aside from the obvious MMS and copy and paste?

You know it with copy and paste! Anything that can help eliminate typing on the iPhone is a good thing. I just suck at typing on the iPhone. I'm a one-finger pecker at best. My thumbs are just too big.

Devo here's an iPhone typing tip:

You don't have to hit the exact key your looking for. I have big thumbs too but, I can type real fast on the iphone. After a while the phone starts to learn how you type and learns certain words you use all the time. You just have to be in the general area for the phone to "guess" what your typing. The more you type the better you get and the smarter the phone gets too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
The more you type the better you get and the smarter the phone gets too!

Yeah, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the shed. It could learned everthang rong. Wink

JK. I'm starting to trust and rely on that feature more and more. It's just a little frustrating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: