123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business proposals and flyers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Business proposals and flyers Reply with quote

I recently purchased a mac mini and was wondering if anyone knew of any free software for printable business proposals and flyers. I am working on getting my Home Improvement business off the ground. I may just have to break down and buy IWork but at the moment I am on a tight budget. Please HELP!!! Rolling Eyes Thanks!!!! Rock on with Mac!!
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get your mini with a trial version of iwork? i got a trial of iwork with tiger, and while it was supposedly a 30 day trial version... wrong as it may be... i've found that if you just keep going in and deleting the .plst file for it (or something like that) in your preferences, you can use it indefinitely. i've been using my 30 day trial for a few months now (sorry apple.... but i'm not paying 80 bucks for that suite until it is actually worth that much-- right now it's lacking). but if you can get your hands on that demo disc.... you should be able to use it indefinitely. and while it's not nearly as good as microsoft office for such tasks... it's still a capable program for your needs. you might want to look into it.
Ranter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out NeoOffice/J
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/index.php

It is a free office suite based on OpenOffice, and can open and save MS Word files such as .doc files.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Iwork demo??? Reply with quote

How do I find out if I have an Iwork demo in the Mac I purchased, I dont think I do, but it would be great if I did. Sorry new to this mac world but I am loving it so far. Thanx
Ranter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a folder named iWork inside your applications folder.
my Mac Mini came with it pre-installed (the demo) and I think it looks pretty good. It does not seem as bloated as that famous word processor from that infamous company.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Thanx Ranter Reply with quote

thanx Ranter, found the iwork folder, I didnt realize it but I had already fooled around with this program. I will try it again and see if I can get the hang of it.
Ranter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like iWork. It does not seem to be as bloated as many similar programs. Notice how quickly it starts and is ready to use. Compare this to a program from a company like Adobe - the greatest makers of bloated software in the known universe.

I'ver created PDF files in less time than it takes just to start Acrobat Reader, for example. This is one of the reasons I like using Safari as my web browser. I know that I will not be subjected to 65 seconds of hard disk thrashing if I click on a link to a PDF file because OS X has such elegant support for PDFs.

A nice, small program that does everything you need, that's a good thing to have.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Clipart to iwork Reply with quote

Can you import clipart from the internet to the iwork Demo???? If u can how do u do it??? Thanx....
Ranter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt, try drag and drop.

Open your document, use Safari to access the web content, point to the image you want and hold down your left mouse button (or your only mouse button) and drag the item to your document. Let go of your mouse button.

Now say, "Man, am I glad I bought an Apple Computer."

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ranter, Man am I glad I bought an Apple Computer!!!!! Very Happy
Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Appleworks templates Reply with quote

I believe Appleworks has templates built in for flyers, etc. Or perhaps online....

Scotty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: