123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi-session DVDs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charleslaigo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Multi-session DVDs? Reply with quote

Hi folks. I recently bought an external DVD burner for my Mac Mini (Iomega Super DVD Writer 16X16) and I'm planning to use it to store my digital photos.

Anyway, here's my question... is it possible to create a multi-session DVD?

Is there such a thing as a multi-session DVD?

Tried making one on Roxio Toast 6.1 and it says something like "for CDs only" or something to that effect.

-Charlie
castaway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can only do CDs. Have you tried doing one in Disk Utility?
charleslaigo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: CD-only Reply with quote

Checked Disk Utility's help. It doesn't mention that you CAN'T burn multi-session DVDs, it doesn't say you could either (some help!).

CDs, yes. DVDs, no mention.

I did a search on the net and came up with a post on a Mac forum that said, multisession DVD burning is "not allowed" on Mac OS X.

Checking out "Dragon Burn". It can (supposedly) burn multisession DVDs with DVD+RWs only.

-Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: