123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New firmware version takes my network down!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
don731

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: New firmware version takes my network down! Reply with quote

The new firmware for the aebs and airport express has caused havoc with my home network. I downloaded it to my airport extreme base station and my three airport express guys (used for airtunes). I had to completely redo the aebs which is used in bridge mode from a linksys router both ethernet to the mac mini htpc and wirelessly to the express guys and other laptops.
The AE's also needed to be completely reset/renamed etc. What a pain!

The bottom line is that everything is working except our old G4 powerbook (had an old airport B card) which we use in the kitchen to watch tv via slingbox and stream internet radio. It can log on to the linksys router wireless, but not the aebs router. Both are using WPA encryption, but the powerbook's airport asks for a WEP password! Dunno what this is about.

Resetting the aebs with another ssid name is not something that I want to do, as I will need to redo the AE's again, and some of them are in places reached by a ladder.

Any suggestions? I tried using "other" in the airport dropdown menu on the powerbook to manually type in the ssid of the aebs and set the encryption, but this did not work. Prior to the firmware installation yesterday, this powerbook was working great on either ssid in our home network both using WPA.

Don in Chicagoland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: