123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.4 [Updated x 2]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.4 [Updated x 2] Reply with quote

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.4
Monday, June 30, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released the Mac OS X 10.5.4 Update via its Software Update utility and on the Web. According to the company, the 10.5.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. New features and improvements include the following:

General
- Recent Apple security updates.
- Resolves an issue with saving and reopening Adobe Creative Suite 3 files on a remote server.
- Includes additional RAW image support for several cameras.
- Addresses an issue that may result in a partially installed X11 application.
- Improves L2TP VPN client reliability.

AirPort
- Addresses AirPort reliability issues with 5GHz networks.
- Addresses AirPort issues that may result in slower performance in Logic Studio or MainStage.

iCal
- Improves overall iCal reliability for meeting requests, cancellation notices, delegation, and syncing with iPhone.
- Resolves an issue that prevents deleting an iCal event without notifying the creator.
- Addresses an issue in which events in all calendars affect availability. A checkbox now enables information-only calendars to be transparent from free/busy lookups.
- Resolves a UI issue preventing delegated calendars from showing up as a separate window.
- Addresses an issue with copying and pasting attendees from one event to another.
- Resolves an issue in which iCal may not delete events after a specified time interval, even when set to do so in iCal preferences.
- Addresses an issue in which To Dos cannot be marked private.

Safari
- Addresses a potential performance issue when loading secure web pages.
- Resolves issues that may be encountered when accessing secure web pages with client certificates that reside on a smart card.

Spaces and Expose
- Addresses an issue in which switching from a space with a Finder window keeps the Finder as the active application instead of the application residing in the destination space.
- Fixes an issue in which dragging an application from the list of application assignments in Spaces System Preferences does not assign the application to the desired space.
- Resolves an Expose issue that may result in only a subset of windows being shown.

The Mac OS X 10.5.4 Update weighs in at 88MB, and requires Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later. A Combo update is also available here.

[Update 1:] Apple also released Security Update 2008-004 (PPC) for users running Mac OS X 10.4.11 and 10.5 - 10.5.3.

[Update 2:] The updates keep coming. Apple just released Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station (802.11n) Firmware 7.3.2. According to the company, this update includes bug fixes. It requires AirPort Utility 5.3.1 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/981.html

Last edited by admin on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:28 pm; edited 7 times in total
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Lummy! Shocked The 10.5.3 update was only released on 28th May!

Last edited by JohnnyBoy on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to bring on the iPhone 3G and MobileMe! A Mac mini update would be nice too. Wink
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was fast considering they gave the developers version to people just a few weeks ago.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trouble with 10.5.4 here.

I don't see any mention of MobileMe. Do you guys think it will go live this week?
Texark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, the combo update is 561MB. That's even bigger than the 10.5.3 combo. Shocked
Grover Time

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
I don't see any mention of MobileMe. Do you guys think it will go live this week?

I have a feeling that tomorrow will be the day. Smile
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.4 [Updated x 2] Reply with quote

admin wrote:
The updates keep coming. Apple just released Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station (802.11n) Firmware 7.3.2. According to the company, this update includes bug fixes. It requires AirPort Utility 5.3.1 or later.

I wish Apple would let us know more about those bugs. I've been having some strange issues connecting with a computer running XP. Even more so after upgrading to SP3.
MacScout67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fan in my Mac mini seems to ramp up and down more with 10.5.4. I was just playing a flash-based game and it sounded like a Harrier jet engine. It never did this before. Surprised

Am I the only one noticing this?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacScout67 wrote:
The fan in my Mac mini seems to ramp up and down more with 10.5.4. I was just playing a flash-based game and it sounded like a Harrier jet engine. It never did this before. Surprised

Everything seems to be fine here. My fan speeds and CPU temps seem to be about the same as before.

I'm going to grab 7.3.2 for my AEBS now. I missed that one earlier.
mojofrojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacScout67 wrote:

Are you using a PPC mini? Every time I lok at anything in flash it ramps up like that. Same as my Ibook. Thought it was because of the older Chip.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
Weee wrote:

I have a feeling that tomorrow will be the day. Smile

It doesn't look good for today. Sad

I guess it could happen tomorrow or Thursday, but Friday is the 4th of July. I forgot about that yesterday. I doubt they would launch something on a holiday.
MacScout67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojofrojo wrote:
Are you using a PPC mini? Every time I lok at anything in flash it ramps up like that. Same as my Ibook. Thought it was because of the older Chip.

I have an Intel-based Core Duo Mac mini. I'm going to try a simple SMC reset when I get home from work tonight. Supposedly, the SMC is responsible for controlling the fans. If that doesn't work, I'm going to reinstall Leopard and use the 10.5.4 Combo Update this time around.
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
Good lord, the combo update is 561MB. That's even bigger than the 10.5.3 combo. Shocked

I thought that was the point of a Combo update? It combines all previous updates and is therefore going to get bigger each time, I may have got the wrong end of the stick though!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
I thought that was the point of a Combo update? It combines all previous updates and is therefore going to get bigger each time, I may have got the wrong end of the stick though!

That's my understanding of the Combo update as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: