123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salling clicker software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Salling clicker software Reply with quote

Hello Mac miniNuts! Razz

My Mac mini has Bluetooth built-in. Very Happy I'm in the market to buy a new Palm T2 or Zire 72 handheld. I'd like to be able to sit across the room in my recliner, munch on some chips and listen to some iTunes. I was wondering if anyone out there is using Salling Clicker with their mini to control iTunes. What kind of range can I expect? How does the software work? Is it worth $20 buckaroos?
meow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Sailors out there? Wink
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meow wrote:
No Sailors out there? Wink

Sorry! It looks good but I have never tried it!
G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
poisonfist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it simply, it rocks. I have been using the Salling clicker for quite a while now (When it only used to support Sony Ericsson phones) with my then brand spankin new SE T610 (now using T637) and it is such a cool thing to have. You can give Powerpoint presentations using your phone as a remote or see what tune is playing or search for a song on the iTunes on your phone or even us it as a system mouse. I have never had a problem with range in a living room size space, i would say I got a good 20-30ft range. You could use it as a remote for a Home Theater setup too since you can control the DVD Player or VLC with it too.

328i sport package
meow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. That's great to hear! I'm mostly looking for a remote for iTunes, DVD player and VLC. I'm buying a new Palm Zire 72 Silver Edition and thought Salling clicker looked pretty cool. I know there are some dedicated remotes out there, but since the Zire 72 has Bluetooth I thought about giving it a try. Have you had the chance to use it with a Palm device?
poisonfist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meow wrote:
Thanks for the reply. That's great to hear! I'm mostly looking for a remote for iTunes, DVD player and VLC. I'm buying a new Palm Zire 72 Silver Edition and thought Salling clicker looked pretty cool. I know there are some dedicated remotes out there, but since the Zire 72 has Bluetooth I thought about giving it a try. Have you had the chance to use it with a Palm device?

Sorry, I have never used it with anything other than my phone.

One more thing though, you should check this out as well. http://www.snarb.tk/ It is a plugin for the clicker to add some pretty nifty functions. I am going to give it a try. Smile

328i sport package
meow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poisonfist wrote:

Sorry, I have never used it with anything other than my phone.

One more thing though, you should check this out as well. http://www.snarb.tk/ It is a plugin for the clicker to add some pretty nifty functions. I am going to give it a try. Smile

Thanks for the link! I'll report back once my Zire 72 gets here.
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our friends over at TUAW posted an article over the weekend entitled Who needs Front Row? I have Salling Clicker and a Palm. I thought it was a good read.

Charles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: