123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about "iLife"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleekj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Question about "iLife" Reply with quote

I bought an "old" 1.25 GHz Mini. It shipped with 10.3. I had the dealer put in 512MB ram and they gave me a copy of 10.4. I have seen several references to software called "ilife" What is this "ilife" and should I have a cd to install it that came with my mini?

Thank You
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLife is a group of Apple programs that is a big part of the Mac OS X experience. The applications include iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD and Garageband. Normally these programs come packaged separately from the Mac OS but with many of the Mac Mini computers that came with the Tiger upgrade DVD bundled with it the iLife programs were included in the upgrade.

Now if the vender that you bought your Mini from just included the regular Mac OS X 10.4 DVD the iLife programs won't be on there, but if he included the Mac Mini upgrade DVD or "Mac OS X v.10.4 Mini CPU Drop-in kit" the iLife applications will be there.
G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cleekj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell did not get a Mac Mini upgrade to 10.4 they handed me a big black box with a big shiny "X" on it.

Could iLife be on the 10.3 DVD that shipped with my Mac Mini, if so can I install it off that DVD?

Should I go hassle the dealer for an iLife DVD if it should have came at no extra cost with my Mc Mini?

Thank You
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in your 10.3 DVD and goto the package named "Install Bundled Software Only" It should be there. If it isn't there, you will either need to buy iLife 05 or ask the dealer for a copy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: