123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iTunes Store Tops Over Five Billion Songs Sold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: iTunes Store Tops Over Five Billion Songs Sold Reply with quote

iTunes Store Tops Over Five Billion Songs Sold
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced that more than five billion songs have been purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store. iTunes is currently the number one music retailer in the US according to NPD MusicWatch and features the largest music catalog with over eight million songs. Apple also announced today that iTunes customers are now renting and purchasing over 50,000 movies every day, making iTunes the world's most popular online movie store. This is with a catalog of over 2,000 films, including over 350 in high definition video.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/976.html
SlipperyRock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they would be closer to seven billion if they had the Beatles. Razz
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fairly impressive movie number, but sometimes I look at the iTunes top 100 songs and wonder who buys this stuff?
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
That's a fairly impressive movie number, but sometimes I look at the iTunes top 100 songs and wonder who buys this stuff?
The mass market has horrible taste. Look at some of the most popular artists out there. There are a lot that don't have the talent of lesser popular artists.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to mark the joyest occasion apple doesn't reward its customers with anything at all i would expect maybe a free music download or a free movie rental but oh well.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
and to mark the joyest occasion apple doesn't reward its customers with anything at all i would expect maybe a free music download or a free movie rental but oh well.

How about a free Cloverfield or Fool's Gold rental? I wouldn't mind seeing Kate Hudson in a bikini right about now. Laughing

Actually, there is a lot of free stuff up there if you look around. I always grab the free music single of the week to check it out.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not care less how much success Apple's music business has. It's not my money and the Mac's are not getting any cheaper by it! Same story when Jobs is talking how much this, that and the other thing they have sold. I'm a user and just want a good product for a price as cheap as possible without offering this to quality. I'm really bothered by the many, many stories of defective Apple stuff though, like iMacs, Macbooks and such. I'm glad the mini is a good product, though I liked a better videocard and "n" airport. But still one does not hear much about defective Mini's. I hear about reluctant service questions though. 1 Year warranty is also not a sign of a product from a higher class. One needs a longer warranty as a mini, iMac or Macbook are not easy to repair machines like a PC.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
I could not care less how much success Apple's music business has. It's not my money and the Mac's are not getting any cheaper by it! Same story when Jobs is talking how much this, that and the other thing they have sold. I'm a user and just want a good product for a price as cheap as possible without offering this to quality. I'm really bothered by the many, many stories of defective Apple stuff though, like iMacs, Macbooks and such. I'm glad the mini is a good product, though I liked a better videocard and "n" airport. But still one does not hear much about defective Mini's. I hear about reluctant service questions though. 1 Year warranty is also not a sign of a product from a higher class. One needs a longer warranty as a mini, iMac or Macbook are not easy to repair machines like a PC.

Wow, that's way off topic, but I also happen to agree with some of what you're saying. This also comes from a company that treats service manuals like classified CIA information. I cannot understand for the life of me why Apple excludes them from their website. I can go on to Dell.com and find the service manual for any computer.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's way off topic, but Apple should do more about customer satisfaction, same as with what your were talking about. Good there are other sources.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to rejoice at the success of the iTunes store, when people have bought tracks that won't play on their iPods. This shouldn't be happening when Apple control everything; computer hardware, operating system, iTunes application, iTunes webstore, MP3 player, file format... Mad
artman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they got rid of some of the DRM. I'm not a fan of the iTunes store either, but that's a step in the right direction.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

artman wrote:
At least they got rid of some of the DRM. I'm not a fan of the iTunes store either, but that's a step in the right direction.

I agree...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: