123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with iPhoto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
user_name

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Help with iPhoto Reply with quote

I can no longer get iPhoto to perform a slideshow with my photos. In the past I was able to do this with photos I downloaded directly from my Nikon to the mini. Now, iPhoto goes into slideshow mode but displays a black screen without any photos.
Since I last had this funtion properly, I have downloaded the iPhoto update and transferred all of my old photos by CD from my Dell PC. iPhoto refuses to display these at all with an error message that I cannot recall right now.
What is the problem here? Did my update cause the problem? I struggle to believe the new photos are the problem, particularly when I am only trying to display a slideshow created before the update or new photos download.
Any help is appreciated. My wife fell in love with the Mac due to iPhoto reviews, which of course allowed me to justify the switch. I really need to get this program working! Did I mention I have the cutest 2 yr old daughter whose pictures need to shared?
Ranter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your iPhoto database may be corrupted. You can force iPhoto to rebuild the database by holding down both the command and alt keys while starting iPhoto. Depending on the number of images you have and the options you select, this may take many hours.

I've also had problems with iPhoto lately. It bugged me so much that I bought a copy of Picture Arena to use instead.
http://www.picturearena.com/

I like Picture Arena!

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
user_name

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, but this ctrl alt function did not help much. It gave me a short menu. I chose create a new library. I tried to choose the photos that had worked in the past. It would not even load the photos and gave me an error message.
I do not want to buy another program to be honest. I already dropped almost 900 bucks with the bluetooth mouse and keyboard plus the 699 dollar version. I would like to use the iPhoto. As I stated, the iLife suite was a big seller for my wife.
Do you or does anyone else have another idea?
Ranter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best suggestion is that you try the Command-Alt keys when starting iPhoto again, but this time select all of the available checkboxes on the rebuild library dialog.

It does sound like this should fix the problem you are having.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: