123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got Apple TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikesta

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Just got Apple TV Reply with quote

I just got the Apple TV and having problems seeing within Itunes, I have appleTV 2.0.2 and mac mini.. itunes is the latest but i just cannot see apple tv withing the list... I know i have network connection as i can watch traillers and youtube crap... but unable to sync/stream itunes.. anyone else have this problem? any tips or thoughts?
mikesta

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what happened, but somehow all is well... i apolgise for starting this thread.. .hope all is well in ATV town... Razz
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it. I have this problem just about everytime Apple updates iTunes. Wink

Oh yeah, congrats on your new Apple TV!
mikesta

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for welcoming me! Is there any good forums that seem a little more active about the ATV or is there not really alot to say about it? it seems pretty easy to use and not many issues would come up, but I dunno...
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, there really isn't much to talk about. It's a pretty stable device. I mean short of losing it every now and again in iTunes. If you're into hacking, check out the AwkwardTV forums. I hang out there every once in a while. Then again, you could just buy aTV Flash and be done with it. Smile
mikesta

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true, I was thinking of hacking to play some movies but i'v been converting them to mp4 and all seems well so far quailty isnt excellent like DVD but than the movies I'm converting were not in DVD quality to start with hehe... so I probably wont hack it yet...

The only thing i guess I have noticed is that if im listening to music than keep hitting menu or change to look at pictures it stops the music Sad I wish it didnt... do you get this problem too ? im guessing its by design...
Mr.187

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had an issue with ATV not seeing iTunes or the other way round. This issue was that the ATV wasn't getting the correct IP address from the DHCP server (Private address) so I set it to static and this solved the issue.

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.

Last edited by Mr.187 on Fri May 30, 2008 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikesta

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intresting, mine suddenly started working when i clicked the 'what speakers' thing in the bottom right corner of itunes... Selected Apple TV and than it asked me to enter the code... and since that all was well, and I use DHCP for IP.. but it may be worth changing to a static setup to make life easier when its time to renew.
idave

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
Then again, you could just buy aTV Flash and be done with it. Smile

Not at the moment. I just read the other day they had to pull it because they didn't have permission to use a particular piece of software. Hopefully they can clear things up soon. It sounded like a nice solution for the hacking-challenged.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
gibmini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm the IP going static as a cure for the magically disappearing ATV? I'll have to try that as I loose the ATV from iTunes at least a couple of times a week. Normally a restart of iTunes sorts it out, but sometimes I have to restart the ATV as well.

Will let you know how I go...thanks!
Mr.187

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Static is better for fix devices on a smaller networks, DHCP is fine for items not always based on just one network ie laptops.

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: