123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you rate Apple phone support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you rate Apple phone support?
Excellent
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Good
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Average
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Disappointing
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Terrible
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: How would you rate Apple phone support? Reply with quote

I just wondered how you guys would rate Apple phone support? I have to be honest here. I've found my first few calls to be a little disappointing. But I will say this, at least the people you talk with are in the United States. Smile
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about...

I've never used/needed to call Apple. Probably more of us in that category than any other.
jb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How would you rate Apple phone support? Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
But I will say this, at least the people you talk with are in the United States. Smile

And that's good because?
You are aware that the Excited States is NOT the center of the universe I hope?
That together with the fact that this is an international forum might be reason for some of us lacking your enthusiasm.
BTW when I've talked with Applecare, the person on the phone was in Canada.

jb.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How would you rate Apple phone support? Reply with quote

jb wrote:
And that's good because?

Ok, how do I say this delicately? I'm coming from the world of Dell hell. Most of their support calls are handled in India, and it's almost impossible to understand some of the reps because of their accent and/or poor english. It's also nice to see an american company like Apple keep jobs here in the US without outsourcing them. Most tech companies over here have done that.

jb wrote:

I do. This country is far from being the center of the universe.
microfox

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: How would you rate Apple phone support? Reply with quote

jb wrote:

jb.

Last September, when I bought my second Mac mini, I called Apple phone support twice and talked to two of the most arrogant and impolite customer service people you can imagine. Btw. I spend a 34 years career in Customer Service for a very large company, in an era when customer service really meant something.

Those agents were located in Toronto and they were a lot more interested in selling me the Apple Care Plan than trying to help me. Their attitude convinced me NOT to buy Apple Care...

2.0GHz Core2Duo Mac mini, 2 Gb RAM,120Gb HD + 1Tb LaCie external HD, Hauppauge PVR 950 USB TV Tuner stick, running 10.8.2

iPad 3rd generation, 32Gb

IPod Touch 4th generation 32Gb
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rate them as excellent. That being said, I haven't called Apple for support in a long time. I think the last time was after receiving my Apple TV. That was when they first came out.
iLife's a Bitch!
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How would you rate Apple phone support? Reply with quote

jb wrote:
WheelSpinners wrote:
But I will say this, at least the people you talk with are in the United States. Smile

And that's good because?
That together with the fact that this is an international forum might be reason for some of us lacking your enthusiasm.

jb.

jb, did the Canadian Apple support give you the same support that microfox says he received?
Maybe if Wheelspinner said North America instead of the U.S., possibly you'd agree. When I call my heating oil company that is headquartered on Long Island, NY where I live, I'm a bit taken aback that I get routed to a call center in Canada and that is not a shot at Canada, mind you, but at outsourcing in general and if you see the kid I spoke to on the phone, jb, apologize for me for ripping him a new on because of how they screwed up my billing so.

I'm with BB, I am one of those who would usually not have to call Apple Support but I did have one issue with my wife's new iPod touch which shipped without the new apps and would not install them once we bought them. After 45 minutes with an Apple support person who told me she is a Windows user, (after all this is the iPod support, so I didn't rail,) she was unable to help me. She suggested I get refunded for the apps and try again. Anyway the only other times I've dealt with Apple was with repairs and those I set up online. I understand it can be frustrating to call someone with a problem find that you can't understand the person you're talking with and he understands you less. You have all heard the Dell stories.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad

Last edited by Bobaloo on Mon May 19, 2008 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't called Apple in a long time either. But there was a period a couple of years ago when I was on the phone with them almost daily. I had the dreaded raster shift problem with my eMac. I was never really happy with how they dealt with the problem, but the people were always professional and friendly. I also had the hard drive replaced in my G4 Mac mini. It prematurely died after a couple of months. They handled that problem with ease and made it right for me.

My rating = Good.
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
How about...

I've never used/needed to call Apple. Probably more of us in that category than any other.

I've never had to call them in the 3 yrs. owning my mini! Cool
usarcher

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just called them last night for my iMac G5. Great experience. Just wish they did mail-ins for desktops. Not exactly next door to a store here in Maine Sad
jazzman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never used it. Never would have needed to. I'm not sure it was ever available in the countries where I have been living over the last 20 years.
Mac+, SE30, Classic, 4400 (metal), 603, LC475, iMac bondi (3), iBk orange. In use: iBk 'ice' G3/500, PB12" G4, Mini C2D 1.83, MacBkPro 13", WiFi hub, 1 mouse & 1 keyb thru Teleport, 3 Acer 19", 1 Acer 23"
MacNcheese

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my BlackBook in 12-07 and really didn't have any serious problems until recently when the HD started to go. Even though I was way past warranty the phone support got me through everything pre and post crash with no cost and only good information and support. PC people don't know what they are missing because I was once there.

Mini~2.3GHz i7/16GB/1.0TB/WD Cloud 2TBx2, WD My Book 2TBx2 /LaCie DVD/CD drive/Airport Extreme/Airport Express/ LaCie 324 monitor.
iPod Classic x2
iPhone 4S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: