123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apps that cause mini to stay awake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Apps that cause mini to stay awake Reply with quote

I have my mini and display set to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a few times I have noticed it does not do so.

I had Mail, iCal, Safari and iPhoto open just this last time.

I have Mail set to check for new messages every minute. I'm thinking this is the problem. I just set it to check manually (or I guess anything above 10 minutes would work in my case). I hope this solves the problem.

Any other suggestions as to what may be causing this?
I have an Apple wired keyboard and Logitech wired optical mouse. There is no chance that the mouse got moved.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Apps that cause mini to stay awake Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

I have Mail set to check for new messages every minute. I'm thinking this is the problem. I just set it to check manually (or I guess anything above 10 minutes would work in my case). I hope this solves the problem.

I bet that solves it. Why not set it to check for mail every hour to give yourself some time. You can check it manually any old time.
caulktel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill, I have my mail set to check every 3 minutes, and mine goes to sleep fine. What I found keeping mine awake was the new HP Deskjet 3740 printer that I just bought. After unplugging it, now it goes to sleep just like it did before. At least I think this is what's going on, because it worked perfectly before.

Joel
aristobrat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on trying to figure out why mine won't go to sleep anymore.

It's easier for me to hit CTRL-EJECT and then S when I'm done with it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: